CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

EIS - A different question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 09:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EIS - A different question

Hi all, so to keep it short, I've been having the dreaded eis key not turning problem. Sometimes it'll start, sometimes it won't. I added an esl emulator because the lock would never engage and I thought this was the issue. Same thing happens. I was pretty sure it was the eis now since this worsens on the cold. Anyway before I shipped my eis off to someone on eBay, I ordered a new key. I doubt it was the key, but since I didn't have a spare I thought might as well try. And that didn't work. So I sent the eis off, the guy said the eis was defective. He did his magic and sent another back with the code from mines imported into it. Key still will not start. However, I realized I broke one of the connectors that plugs into the eis. I'm sure this is now why it doesn't work. Does anyone know where, or is able to get a hand on the wires that plugs into the eis? I've added a pic below. It's a 2 pin connector, that connects two been wires: one solid , one stripped. I thought about trying to glue the wire and connector (connector broken into two), but I don't want the glue to interrupt the current and I'm not sure which wire goes to what pin. The pins and connector has labels 1 & 2 on it. I checked junkyards around me, no w208 nearby. Only 2002 c class and 2004 clk. I don't know if they'll have the same plug. I'm willing to pay anyone to ship me the connector and wire if they can get a hold of one. Please and thanks.

Old 02-10-2019, 03:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 190 Likes on 170 Posts
2001 CLK320 Cabrio
From the WIS wiring diagram, the N73 EIS module has multiple connectors where pins 1 and 2 are used several places. Using the wiring color codes you should be able to identify the pin assignments for the connector you're looking for.

Last edited by Serndipity; 02-15-2019 at 06:06 PM.