CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Window auto drop and flat battery

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2019, 02:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W210
Window auto drop and flat battery

A couple of things here to add and ask.Battery-drain- I brought my W208 CLK cab last year from my brother who had owned it 15 years. I brought it with the knowledge not to leave it for more than a few days as the battery would drain. He had spend loads trying to resolve the problem through indys, but typically they had just ripped him off. Hes an accountant BTW (thats how he could afford a car of that cost, whereas I couldn't 15 years ago!) He left me the jump-leads in the boot saying 'you'll use those!'Anyway, Im a lift engineer, so know a fair bit about electrics and mechanics- but each to thier own.After a few days, yes, the car would barely turn over so I started reading and more importantly, looking at the battery (which is new) with ameter and clamp-meter to measure current-drain. This was around 0.7a, which is high, so I thought. i also fuluctuated ove an hour or so, which is odd, but needed further investigation. All this takes time but I diagnosed it to the alarm unit which when disconnected, stoped the problem. its under the front NS wheel-arch and easily rpelaced for about £100 off ebay. The car now chirps when its remote locked/unlocked. Problem solved- a year on all good!Now the ask Bit.its a 2000 W-Reg and he is sure that once, the windows dropped when unlocked. They no longer do, and the window will catch of the roof- usually a quick stab of the offending window switch to lower/raise will adress the problem in the case of letting a passenger in.Ive tried all the door reset-procedue and its not worked or made any difference.My brother said he DID have a DCM repalced once- Is it possible the 208 non-cabriolet DCM is different in as much as it would work, but not allow the window-drop feature? Ive not taken the door-card off etc, to check the part number,as yet.