CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Parking Ding

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2019, 12:09 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
2001 CLK430
Parking Ding

I just finished waxing my car - JUST FINISHED - and having gone over every inch of her by hand I knew that even after 18 years there were only two noticeable dings, neither of which were on the rear bumper. So I parked on the street, a block away from my Trader Joe’s - to avoid door dings - and came out to this:

In order to fit in the smallish space behind me this a-hole smacked into my bumper with his GD license plate bolts and left small dings right down to the white. He wasn’t there, but a cop cruised by and noticed my, uh, distressed body language and stopped to ask what was up. He was really nice and took pics, etc., but explained that since there were no witnesses, blah, blah, blah. I left a note asking the driver to call me. I’m still waiting! I am hesitant to call the bumper repair guys that come to your house. I’ve done that before on a different car and they do a pretty good job, but nowhere near factory, or even body shop quality. Every time I see those dings I see red. Haha, well, white. I guess I’ll ask the body shop guy who’s repairing my other car if he can do a decent touch up. If you’ve gotten this far, thanks for reading my rant. I know for a fact that had I done that to another car while parking I would have left a note and taken responsibility for my actions.
Old 05-23-2019, 03:52 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK 320 convertible
Looks like his car is parked at a red curb. Did the cop reward him with a ticket for that?
Old 05-23-2019, 03:59 PM

2001 CLK430
Originally Posted by jinark
Looks like his car is parked at a red curb. Did the cop reward him with a ticket for that?
No. Because his wheels weren’t in the red. He ensured that by hitting my car, the *****.

Last edited by Frupal; 05-24-2019 at 10:55 AM.
Old 05-24-2019, 05:25 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2007 R350, 2002 CLK55
If you have uninsured motorist insurance, call your insurance company and file a claim. Hopefully you have the license # of this jackass. Provide the photos as proof. They will pursue it since they are obligated to repair your car and wouldn't want to foot the bill if they don't have to.
Old 05-24-2019, 05:27 PM

2001 CLK430
Originally Posted by Tirefriar
If you have uninsured motorist insurance, call your insurance company and file a claim. Hopefully you have the license # of this jackass. Provide the photos as proof. They will pursue it since they are obligated to repair your car and wouldn't want to foot the bill if they don't have to.

Thanks, man! I’ll look into it.
The following users liked this post:
2MERKS (05-28-2019)