CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Car cover reccomendation for CLK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2002, 11:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 CLK
Talking Car cover reccomendation for CLK

Please reccomend a good car cover for my CLK. Either custom made for the car or a generic one which fits well.

thanks
Old 04-28-2002, 09:09 AM

2000 CLK 430
I got mine's from the local dealer which is custom fitted for a CLK.
It's made by NOAH

NOAH barrier fabric actually stops water, yet it "breathes" to allow any trapped moisture, seam seepage or condensation to easily evaporate. The unique patented construction process results in a cover with maximum all-weather protection...highly water resistant, dust resistant, UV resistant and breathable to make sure moisture and/or heat don't stay under the cover. Made in the U.S. by Kimberly-Clark, the fabric weighs only 4.45 oz./sq. yd., so it's easy to handle and fold.

Protective Outer Layers - A bi-component spunbond, using sheath-core technology. The inner core is polypropylene for strength, with a polyethylene wrap for softness. A silver-gray color was selected because of its heat-resistant properties. The fabric is also treated with UV inhibitors for extended outdoor use.

Micro-Porous Middle Layer - The barrier layer is breathable film, a proprietary stretch-film technology developed exclusively for Kimberly-Clark. The film is stretched and subjected to a chemical process that creates microscopic holes smaller than droplets of water or dust, yet large enough to allow moisture vapor to escape.

Soft, Paint-Protecting Inner Layer - A bi-component fabric made with polyethylene and nylon. This combination results in an exceptionally high strength-to-weight ratio, with the "soft touch" necessary for today's water-based paint finishes.

I hope that helps.
Old 04-28-2002, 11:45 AM

2001 MB CLK55
Re: Car cover reccomendation for CLK

Originally posted by 911Jose
Please reccomend a good car cover for my CLK. Either custom made for the car or a generic one which fits well.
I've got a MB CLK cover - new in the bag. Been on the car once, in my garage for 10 minutes when I first got it. I've come to the conclusion that I'm just too damn lazy to put the thing on, so it's been riding around in my trunk for six months.

I'd part with it for any reasonable offer.....
Jim
Old 04-29-2002, 12:03 AM
Almost a Member!

CLK 430
Just got mine..

from http://clairparts.com/. Someone on here once recommended them..

CLK Car Cover
Noah material custom fit Mercedes car cover.
Part Number: Q-6-60-0060
Price: $149.00

They are an authorized MB dealer in CA..

The cover is grey, comes in its own storage bag.

Hope that helps..
Old 04-29-2002, 06:57 AM

cover for CLK through Claire Parts

I got mine from them and I use it mostly in the winter when my car is in "semi-storage". I have the cabrio, but I will drive it occasionally until the salt goes down on the roads.

The cover is great and I use it once in a while when I am leaving the car outdoors where trees and or other environmental issues affect where I park the car.

According to the users information you can also wash it at the commercial washers at the local laundromat so keeping it clean should be easy. I did notice that if you put it on too soon after using any kind of tire gel/shine it will pick some of it up. I drape old rags on the tires now if this is going to be an issue in order to keep it cleaner.

Regards,

JR
Old 04-29-2002, 02:25 PM
ecr

Jim, is that the one made by Noah? Do you know how much to ship to WA state?
Old 04-29-2002, 10:37 PM

2001 MB CLK55
Originally posted by ecr
Jim, is that the one made by Noah? Do you know how much to ship to WA state?
Yes, mine is a genuine MB made by Noah. Don't know where in WA you are, so I guessed. San Diego to Tacoma, UPS 2nd day, is about $18.

Jim
Old 04-30-2002, 12:19 PM

I've got the same one you guys are talking about from Clair parts (which is located in MA, not CA). I don't use it too often, 'cause when the car is dirty I'm afraid it'll get scratched and when it's clean I try to keep it garaged.