CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

A little seat help...please!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2004, 06:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A little seat help...please!

I have a '00 CLK 430 cab that i bought with a seriously bent drivers seat... Although my chiropracter loves it, I'm tired of it.
If I buy the correct seat in the wrong color how difficult would it be to take my good upholstery and put it on the good seat frame?
In advance, thanks for anybody that'd like to take a stab at this one!
Joe
Old 07-17-2004, 08:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Originally Posted by Joesclk430cab
I have a '00 CLK 430 cab that i bought with a seriously bent drivers seat... Although my chiropracter loves it, I'm tired of it.
If I buy the correct seat in the wrong color how difficult would it be to take my good upholstery and put it on the good seat frame?
In advance, thanks for anybody that'd like to take a stab at this one!
Joe
Can't tell you how difficult it is for you, because I can't accurately gauge your abilities over the internet... however, if you can get the seat out (and have the proper tools... like an E12 socket), get the wires disconnected properly, and then unwrap the leather without damaging it, you're mostly done.

Fitting it back together is a little more difficult, just pay attention how the seat covers fit as you take it off.

Heated seats makes the job a little more difficult and requires care when dealing with heated pads (I've not taken seat covers off with heating elements myself but I have observed the procedure).

-s-
Old 07-17-2004, 09:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A quick follow up question...

If I don't do it (most likely!) any idea what an upholstery shop might charge for such a job? I guess my dilemna is do I hold out and wait for a seat that matches (ash) or buy the seat with the dark gray upholstery and get it swapped-

Thanks!