CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Strange transmission issue, CLK430

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2020, 05:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W208 CLK 430
Strange transmission issue, CLK430

Hi, first post here but i've tried searching around and can't find my issue. This morning i came to a set of lights, left it in drive foot on the brake waiting for the change, when the lights changed and i let the brake go and went to accelerate but went nowhere. Hazards on panic ensues, and i try switching back to park and then to drive and nothing, revs sluggishly. So i put it in neutral to try and coast to the side of the road, but it acts like it's in drive, i'm able to drive it normally, no limp mode, no check engine lights or error lights but the gear selector is in neutral.

I cannot select reverse, it will only move forward in neutral, even shifting gears whilst in neutral, kick down is operational too. My first thought is transmission fluid change and see if it's like a glitter party in there, conductive plate or maybe gear selector. I just can't seem to match any symptoms with anything else i've found, so struggling to diagnose.
Old 02-20-2020, 07:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 478 Likes on 424 Posts
Mercedes
Throttle position sensor Or electronic accelerator pedal