CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Lock Mechanism not going in! 03 CLK430 Convertible Top

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2020, 05:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Mercedes Benz CLK 430
Lock Mechanism not going in! 03 CLK430 Convertible Top

Hey everyone, i have an issue that has been bugging me for awhile. My convertible top froze up midway while trying to retract it. The convertible top was making a squeak sound as it was trying to go back, almost as if it was rusty. When i opened the trunk, I noticed that there was hydraulic fluid seeking in the trunk area. I had to manually get the top to come back down, however the lock mechanism (the last thing you hear when you close your convertible top, the click you hear RIGHT before you hear the ding that lets you know your Convertible Top is closed) is not going into the hole. While trying to close the top, I may have tampered with the lock hole and locked it in accident. I attached pictures so you guys can see what I am talking about. I replaced the aml relays and refilled the hydraulic tank with fluid. I am hoping to get my convertible top fixed without having to go somewhere where they will charge me 4 arms and 10 legs. If you guys can help me close my convertible top all the way and add any other tips of advice I’d gladly appreciate it!

I am trying to get that latch to go inside if that hole!