CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Driver's door issues: Speaker static, won't stay propped open, etc.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2020, 12:56 AM

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
1998 CLK 320
Question Driver's door issues: Speaker static, won't stay propped open, etc.

Hi guys,

Like I said: I'm having some weird driver's door issues:

1. Intermittent mid range speaker static/feedback (not like a blown speaker. Sometimes it works fine. Sometimes it just sounds like it's picking up a signal from some other random 12V power source).
2. The door won't stay propped open,
3. Sometimes the windows won't go down (also intermittent - they either work or they don't). This usually includes the side view mirror function as well.
4. Sometimes the battery needs to be disco'd because the fob quits working (even after brand new FOB batteries and full ECM reset).

Any ideas?

Thanks
Old 03-31-2020, 01:44 PM

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
1998 CLK 320
Update: Replaced door control module and SAM (with genuine, correct MB parts) and still have problems.

The lighting, ect. is working fine now, and I suspect the static in the speaker will go away when I replace the head unit, but my windows won't work right away. After a few minutes of driving, the passenger window will roll down/up, but the driver's side isn't working at all now.

Any ideas?

Thanks,