CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Brand new ride...DIY trans service...save $$$..too easy

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2020, 11:23 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2002 clk 430
Brand new ride...DIY trans service...save $$$..too easy

For anyone that has the 722.6 trans model in your BENZ experiencing limp mode, stuck in gear, rough shifts, troubles w/ transmission.. DON'T GO TO THE DEALERSHIP. Save your pocket from the rape of the Benz dealerships....and shady mechanics . Do it yourself..bought a kit w/ conductor plate, connector, pan gasket, and filter. I believe it was less than 100$ on Amazon. Took 2 days and that's just because I have a wife n kids. Cranked her up today.. she's been roaring ever since. Look what the coronavirus has done; now I can service the most used Benz transmission. You have time...LEARN SOMETHIN..oh yeah..mines it this one...HAVE A SAFE DAY

The MISTRESS
The following users liked this post:
lowphat (03-28-2020)
Old 09-09-2021, 03:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 clk320
[QUOTE=Thompson Senior;8017788]For anyone that has the 722.6 trans model in your BENZ experiencing limp mode, stuck in gear, rough shifts, troubles w/ transmission.. DON'T GO TO THE DEALERSHIP. Save your pocket from the rape of the Benz dealerships....and shady mechanics . Do it yourself..bought a kit w/ conductor plate, connector, pan gasket, and filter. I believe it was less than 100$ on Amazon. Took 2 days and that's just because I have a wife n kids. Cranked her up today.. she's been roaring ever since. Look what the coronavirus has done; now I can service the most used Benz transmission. You have time...LEARN SOMETHIN..oh yeah..mines it this one...HAVE A SAFE DAY

Well I'd certainly like to but listen to this! 2005 CLK 320, check engine lite on, stuck in limp mode and the car is out of town. So I limp to a MB dealer that was close, yep needs a new conductor plate, connector, gaskets and so on. Dealer estimate $4000 Cdn! Parts on FCP Euro $238.92 US for the entire kit and fluid. So I say close it up and I'll come and get it, and return my the rental. Call an independent very highly rated shop who quotes me $2200, still expensive. But tell me he cannot legally install them and need a unique code anyway particular to my car. Anyone ever heard of this? If it was home I'd give it a shot myself but afraid it will remain locked up without the "magic code"!!