CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

2003 CLK 430 need advice please...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2020, 01:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 CLK 430 cabriolet, '79 HD FLH 80in stroked, bored, fire breathing scarything, a couple of Fords
2003 CLK 430 need advice please...

Greetings! I recently bought a 2003 CLK 430 cabriolet non runner. Was told everything was solid but needed some work. Got it home, put a good battery in and the motor runs fine. In order to move it onto my trailer I had to disconnect the linkage at the transmission. I have found that the cable from the ignition switch to the trans is broken. I got one of these from the wrecking yard. I have reconnected the linkage and using the park lockout bypass I put it into gear with the motor running and there was nothing in D nor in R. I am hoping that the cable being installed will remedy this. I am hoping someone might be able to help me with advice on installing the cable at the ignition switch. I can figure out how to route it down to the shifter and hook it up there. I am just wary of breaking anything trying to get to the ignition switch. I would really appreciate any help with this and maybe some info as to why there was no trans response when I put it into gear without the cable using the bypass at the shifter. Thank you. I love the car, the lines of the body are magnificent...plus it's a drop-top. Cannot wait to drive it!

Old 05-23-2020, 07:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 195 Likes on 174 Posts
2001 CLK320 Cabrio
All you need is to do to remove the EIS, is to remove the outer ring collar from the module, by turning it anti-clockwise with the help of a small screwdriver in the ring's slot, upon which you'll be able to pull the EIS out, from the inside of the dashboard.

To pull the EIS out from the back of the dashboard, the quickest option would be to remove the bottom panel, located above the brake pedal, by just removing a couple of Phillips screws.

Last edited by Serndipity; 05-23-2020 at 07:34 PM.
The following users liked this post:
2MERKS (05-23-2020)