CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Door ding protector

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 11:22 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Door ding protector

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a good door ding protector I can buy for my car? My neighbor isn't very careful (to say the least) when opening her car door.

Thanks!
Old 08-24-2004, 01:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Tesla Model S
They look ugly and aren't very effective. Leave your neighbor a note saying that your car is being watched and that she will be responsible for any dings she causes.
Old 08-26-2004, 01:19 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Is this a car port? There are those inflatible rafts that divide the car ports and serve as protection.

Otherwise, park somewhere else or have your neighbor pay for the dings.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:26 AM

2001 CLK430 Cab.
Originally Posted by djantlive
Is this a car port? There are those inflatible rafts that divide the car ports and serve as protection.

Otherwise, park somewhere else or have your neighbor pay for the dings.

Yea, if you happen to see which neighbor did it. I live in a condo with general parking. Many just park next to you, and throw open their door without holding on to it. My other car was less than one week old when it got a quarter sized ding with white paint. AT least I can keep the MB in my one car garage.
Old 08-26-2004, 03:56 PM

99 CLK 320, 2000 GSXR 750
My old place was close to the parking garage, so I bought a decent wireless mini camera setup off of ebay for $40. I after I got home, I would watch my car when my neighbors got home. Sure enough on the 5 day, that camera paid itself off when the jackass slammed his door into my rear 1/4 panel. I ran out there and busted him before he could walk away. I called the cops, got them to bust out a report and his insurance paid a nice fat bill.

Just a suggestion, it worked for me but circumstances were right for me!
Old 08-26-2004, 10:19 PM
Almost a Member!

Unfortunately, I don't have that option because the garage is in the basement. I've left a note on her car but she swore that it wasn't her. That's highly unlikely since we all have assigned parking spots.

I checked with my insurance company and was told that there isn't much I can do unless I actually see her ding my door Anyway, I bought some door ding protector and will let you know if it works...

Thanks!