CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

CLK 230 Windows don't roll down or up when opening and closing the doors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2022, 05:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 230 Kompressor
CLK 230 Windows don't roll down or up when opening and closing the doors

I need help figuring out why they dont go down or up when im opening or closing the doors, they work fine when just using the switches, it also does not give any fault codes for the windows. Can anyone help me?
Old 02-05-2022, 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 192 Likes on 172 Posts
2001 CLK320 Cabrio
The windows don't go up or down when opening or closing the doors.

However, when unlocking the door with the key fob, if you continue hold down the unlock button, after 1 second, the windows will also open.

Likewise, when locking the door with the key fob, if you continue to hold down the lock button, after 1 second, the windows will also close.

The above is all explained in your owners manual, as well as how to program the key fob, such that with a single press of the lock or unlock button, only the drivers side or both the drivers and passenger side doors lock or unlock.

Note: On model years 2001 and up, the roof's weather sealing was improved to provide better rain and wind resistance and when opening the doors, to provide clearance, the windows will automatically drop by a slight amount (i.e. 1/2") and then raise when the door closes.

Last edited by Serndipity; 02-05-2022 at 02:34 PM.