CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

AC compressor keeps turning off when I start driving (CLK320)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2022, 12:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W210 E420
AC compressor keeps turning off when I start driving (CLK320)

Hi! I’m new here. I currently have an issue going on with my A/C. I was low on Freon at one occasion and filled it up with ONLY R134a. The A/C wasn’t blowing that cold that time but only when I drove it at higher RPMS.

I filled it up to pressure and checked on climate control diagnostics. With the AC off I had about 7-8 bar which I considered normal at idle. When I drove it, it does go up to 15-16bar which I think is OK. (Around 85F ambient temp) I’ve had it running that way before and it was all normal. It’s ice cold and I thought it was all okay…

But later on I realized out of nowhere, the AC compressor turns off when I start driving and changing gears. Ambient air starts going on and the vents blow warm again. I have to restart the car to get it running again.

I checked for error codes and I got EB1231 and EB1416. The EC indicator does not turn on out of nowhere and I think my AC pressures should be acceptable. I made observations with the Refrigerant Temp and never exceeded above 125F, and still turns off out of nowhere when I’m driving at relatively colder temps. The radiator fan, however, does not kick in, unless coolant temps are higher.

If anybody has any speculation to what’s going on I’d appreciate it!

2000 CLK320, 122K Miles

Last edited by Seryuer; 02-11-2022 at 12:11 AM.