CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

climate control issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2023, 09:07 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 CLK 320
Question climate control issues

I have no clue how to properly describe this problem so please bear with me. Ok so on my mothers 02 CLK320 her defrost works after you have been driving it for a while. At one point the defrost would come on and be kinda loud as it would only set itself to high with no other option to turn it down. Now when you turn on the defrost it will come on but it barely works meaning you can't hear it and once it gets warm the window still doesn't defrost very much unless you wipe it off.

You can tell it is working after a while if you put your hand in front of the vent you can feel the warm air from it. At one point the defrost would warm up the entire car even better than the heat would. Even the rear defrost barely defrosts the back window anymore.

I noticed the problem started when her abs/bas light would come on and when I would come to a sudden stop like a car in front of me makes me push my brakes pretty hard it would stop blowing anything from the vents for a few minutes before finally coming back on. That was the ac or heat. Could this be related to the abs/bas issue?

Anyone ever experienced this before or know where I should start troubleshooting?