CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

AC port locations - where are they 2002 CLK 430

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday, 03:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 CLK 430 Convertable
AC port locations - where are they 2002 CLK 430

Just like the title. AC port locations - where are they 2002 CLK 430? I have searched all over the net and forums but cannot get a clear idea for the 430. Any help appreciated.
Chers, Mike
Old Yesterday, 04:19 PM

CLK 430
Drivers wide by the front wheel well.
Old Yesterday, 05:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 192 Likes on 172 Posts
2001 CLK320 Cabrio

Old Yesterday, 06:42 PM

CLK 430
I’m not sure where the second port is, but the driver wheel side is the charge port. I had to add 3 cans to get my AC going again… and don’t forget to reset codes or it won’t work.

Last edited by andy_breuer; Yesterday at 06:44 PM.
Old Yesterday, 09:29 PM

1999 CLK430
The low side port is the image Andy posted above. The high side port is close to the front grille on the right side when looking at the engine bay from the front of the car, or left side of the car from the drivers seat (if I remember correctly, you have to remove the black plastic radiator grille to see it). It's common on other cars for these to start leaking after using them. I would recommend replacing the schrader valves while the system is evacuated. It's easy to do and cheap insurance to avoid leaks at these spots. I'm assuming they're replaceable such as any other car I've worked on but don't quote me on that.
Old Today, 03:43 PM

2001 CLK 430 Convertable
Thank you all very much. I was able to locate the low side. I need to get out to the garage to find the high side so I can evacuate the system and check with my three gauge tool to recharge. I may simply try to add a "all in one quick fix" can but wanted to see the pressures. Car has not had a recharge for a very long time so not surprised. At this moment there are no codes but I haven't used a scan tool. Are they in the OBDII system or separate? I have a scanner just haven't used it yet for this project.

Serndipity - thank you for the diagram. Very helpful.
Andy - the pic certainly helped. Hiding in plain sight so to speak. What method are you referring to to reset the codes. Scan tool or something else?
Austin - thanks for the reply and stay cool. I'll check on the valves. Have replaced them in other cars before.

Thank again all. It's 120 degrees or so here in AZ where we are now. AC would be helpful for sure. It blows cold only when below 85 outside and only in the beginning then gets hot.
Cheers, Mike

Last edited by Notthd; Today at 03:47 PM.
Old Today, 04:27 PM

CLK 430
See this previous thread for how to read codes directly from climate control unit in the car: https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class...ror-codes.html

note: All car a/c systems leak a small amount over time and need to be refilled, even in perfect working order.

also: filling the low side port with a quick can and gauge works well. You have to to get it up closer to the over pressure zone via 1-2 second individual bursts and then pressure check, repeat procedure until until it stabilizes a few PSI under “red”