CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Passport SRX * radar * install photo sample, link to full writeup...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2004, 07:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 C32 AMG
Passport SRX * radar * install photo sample, link to full writeup...

I did this install earlier in the week but am just getting time to get up the pics. I cant post all of them on here, but there are more on my .mac webpage...
http://homepage.mac.com/joshking/PhotoAlbum3.html

Here's the detector installed behind the front grille. I'm getting black zip ties later, these were all i had-but they do help with visability.

I ran the wire thru the fusebox like this. Taped it to keep rattling noises out of the picture and protect from water. the wire runs under the fuses and into the cabin of the car.

I ran the wire out this hole before i ran it back down (as shown here). This picture was taken before i knew this was necessary(notice that it isnt running out of the box and back in, just in). Nonetheless, it helps illustrate the point.

I had to splice together the grounding wires...

Finished...

If you go to the site, you'll notice that the car is filthy. This is due to the fact that it was snowing and FREEZING outside...here's the frozen hood star to prove it (acquired on the way back from the car wash)
Old 12-23-2004, 09:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Used to be a CLK430
Awesome job man!!
Old 12-24-2004, 11:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
great write up! Thanks for taking all those pics and helping us out in the future!
Old 12-24-2004, 12:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
looks good. thanks for the detailed pics and write up. how do you like it so far? i have my V1 hardwired
Old 12-24-2004, 01:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 C32 AMG
I love the SRX system, it's very sensitive so it gives EARLY warnings about radar. It has problems falsing as do other radar systems but these are fairly few and are constant to the point that you know if it is falsing depending on where you are. The rear laser jammer install is a royal PITA, but well worth it in my opinion. I'll writeup the rest when i do it.