CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

German Autohaus/Tampa

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 11:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK55 and Yukon Denali
German Autohaus/Tampa

Greetings,

I wanted to take a second to let everyone know about an incredible experience I just had. This may seem silly but it started as one helluva annoying experience...

I had a shop in Tampa, Racing Zone, do some work on my vehicle a little over a year ago. Not only was the service bad, but I was mislead (told some wheels weren't made anymore), mistreated, overcharged, and all around disgusted with the service and the sales assoc, Mike, in particular. Since I have spoken to many who had similar experiences.

A week after getting my rims, I lost a wheel-cap. Called the guy who took my almost $5k for work done and to this day he has not ordered a new cap. Several calls went un-returned- still no word.

I am embarassed to say that I only went to this shop out of convenience as the other I had found was about A 35 minute drive. (i know i am lazy)

Today I called, Marlon, at German Autohaus in Tampa- not only did he try talking me into not replacing a factory part for something more expensive (Lorinser Bumper) but even after I told him I may go with a factory replacement from the dealership- he calls me 5 minutes later letting me know my wheel cap is on its way.

Can I say refreshing? The guy's work is incredible- does paint work for two benz dealerhips as well as countless athletes. Honest, fair prices, and a perfectionist. If anyone is near the Tampa area, I strongly suggest calling him. 813.885.7911 Well, I won't be going with factory parts. Stay tuned as I am having Marlon "refresh" my 55... Will post photos!!

btw Before anyone thinks this is an advertisement, I have no affiliation with this shop whatsoever. I have been on this forum for several years and have never given this type of endorsement!!
Old 03-31-2005, 10:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
EUropean Freaks
Originally Posted by Benzo
Greetings,

I wanted to take a second to let everyone know about an incredible experience I just had. This may seem silly but it started as one helluva annoying experience...

I had a shop in Tampa, Racing Zone, do some work on my vehicle a little over a year ago. Not only was the service bad, but I was mislead (told some wheels weren't made anymore), mistreated, overcharged, and all around disgusted with the service and the sales assoc, Mike, in particular. Since I have spoken to many who had similar experiences.

A week after getting my rims, I lost a wheel-cap. Called the guy who took my almost $5k for work done and to this day he has not ordered a new cap. Several calls went un-returned- still no word.

I am embarassed to say that I only went to this shop out of convenience as the other I had found was about A 35 minute drive. (i know i am lazy)

Today I called, Marlon, at German Autohaus in Tampa- not only did he try talking me into not replacing a factory part for something more expensive (Lorinser Bumper) but even after I told him I may go with a factory replacement from the dealership- he calls me 5 minutes later letting me know my wheel cap is on its way.

Can I say refreshing? The guy's work is incredible- does paint work for two benz dealerhips as well as countless athletes. Honest, fair prices, and a perfectionist. If anyone is near the Tampa area, I strongly suggest calling him. 813.885.7911 Well, I won't be going with factory parts. Stay tuned as I am having Marlon "refresh" my 55... Will post photos!!

btw Before anyone thinks this is an advertisement, I have no affiliation with this shop whatsoever. I have been on this forum for several years and have never given this type of endorsement!!

Probably you need to check it out my buddy new 4000sq ft shop in Florida..
His nick name is TampaCLK..
This is his email address: nti@tampabay.rr.com

let him know Thats me that feffer to you...he is my buddy Craig!!

Felix
Old 03-31-2005, 11:34 PM

2002 E430
Originally Posted by Benzo
Greetings,

My family (uncle, cousins, myself) have all gotten work done at RacingZone. For some reason they all think that they do a good job and stick with them. Me personally, I've had the same experience as you. You could spend 10gs in that place and they wouldn't even give you the time of day or answer any type of technical question. They put lowering springs on my car and the front looked like that hadn't done anything to it but the back was slammed. I will never ever go to that place again A) because they suck B) because i'm moving back up North.

Although I've never gotten any work done at the place, Wheel Tec seems to have a much higher quality operation going on. I'd check them out too if you want. Good luck.
Old 04-03-2005, 10:30 AM

CLK55 and Yukon Denali
Wheeltec did the wheels on my Yukon and I was very pleased. This was just a far more personable experience. He brought me through the shop and showed me alot of the work that was in progress (sick) and also took the time to show me alot of photos. I have come up with quite a list fo things that I want to have done- and judging by the work I saw, it will be incredible when its done. I will post shots. Go gators by the way! LOL We are the boys from old Florida- F-L-O-R-I-D-A!!!! Check in with this guy next time you are in town- you are sure to be impressed,

Originally Posted by GatorEclass430
My family (uncle, cousins, myself) have all gotten work done at RacingZone. For some reason they all think that they do a good job and stick with them. Me personally, I've had the same experience as you. You could spend 10gs in that place and they wouldn't even give you the time of day or answer any type of technical question. They put lowering springs on my car and the front looked like that hadn't done anything to it but the back was slammed. I will never ever go to that place again A) because they suck B) because i'm moving back up North.

Although I've never gotten any work done at the place, Wheel Tec seems to have a much higher quality operation going on. I'd check them out too if you want. Good luck.