CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

C-Class to CLK500 Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2005 | 11:43 PM

2005.5 Cadet Blue CLK500 Coupe.
Smile C-Class to CLK500 Coupe

Hi Everyone,

I live in the fairfield county area of connecticut and I normally go to Greenwich MB to lease cars, but I just dropped into another dealership further north in Danbury, and I ran into a few guys that moved from the Greenwich dealership to the Danbury dealer. I had my C320 4Matic now since 2002, and since it was coming off lease, just started to look at what I wanted next. So we started talking about different options. I asked about test driving a CLK500, and sure enough, he tossed me the keys and we were off. Turns out that I showed up on a perfect day. The finance guy I knew from Greenwich said that the dealership just recieved yesterday, March 29th, and lasting for a month, a special for C-Class owners to move up to a CLK-Class vehicle WITH MB fitting the bill on the last three payements. The only "catch" was that it has to be a 2005 as opposed to ordering a new 2006. MB wants to move inventory? Anyway, that sounded like a deal to me. Plus, the dealership is new and "we are agressive on our pricing". So I told them to look for a few different color combinations and if they found one to give me a call and I'd be up to sign the papers. So I get a call litterally hours later saying he found one on the west coast, and can have it here in a week's time. The colors are Cadet Blue with Charcoal and Blue Interior, and optioned with DVD Navi, 6-CD changer, Heated Seats (not heated and cooled), lighting and sunroof packages. I'll miss the c-class, and the 4Matic in the northeast, but the test drive of the clk was fantastic and I couldn't turn it down.

Just a few questions I had were:

1. Car care after taking delivery. What are some guidelines after taking delivery in the way of a wax, etc?
2. I've read a little bit on the boards already, but in regard to upgrading the dual pipe to quad AMG pipes, what is the pricing and PN for ordering. I've heard that the tire-well needs to be altered in addition, so if someone could provide the PN to that as well, that would be appreciated. Should the dealer know how to go about this if I were to tell them I wanted to do it?
3. (Last one!) DVD Navi's ability to play DVD movies. Is there a setting change in order to make this a reality or is this not possible?

I'll post pictures when the car is in the garage.

Regards,

Norm
Old 04-07-2005 | 01:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK500/Range Rover HSE/E55 AMG/Bmw 328Xi coupe/BMW 4.8x/Bmw 335i/GS350/Audi S5/E350
Norm, Great upgrade... I made the jump a whiles back and have not regretted it at all...its a graet upgrade.....as for ur questions, i believe u cannot play DVD's on the US spec Navi's. The regards to the dual pipes, we CLK500 owners dont get the dual pipes... we only get the oval one. But its doable to upgrade to the quad.... but its alot of $$$$.... about 5k worth of parts and labor.....as for the waxing.... just a zano it!
Old 04-07-2005 | 05:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S550
arrgghh another cadet blue clk!! i thought they were rare!! shouldve got orion blue
just kidding! all kidding aside you will love this car, and this color combo!! (i personally have the stone interior its a b*tch to keep clean)
the color will usually stay fairly clean after it rains or snows but when you wash it the real beauty comes out! ive had mine since october and never needed to wax it just standard runs through the car wash every week or so. Still looks brand new(you will have to invest in some basic cleaners and buy double when it comes to wheels/tires this will be an every day task)
but good luck with the car, please post many pictures! if you need anything let me know pm me!
Old 04-07-2005 | 11:25 PM

Thanks

x-tian-230k: I was thinking Meguiar's but Zymol sounds now like the better polish. I figured that the exhaust would require a few more pennies saved! I was asking about the Navigation because I thought I saw it on the MBWorld boards that it was possible ... I could be imagining.

clkcadet: Hey man. I was looking for photos of a cadet blue and I had a hard time finding someone who had the color until I saw yours! My count of cadet blue clk's has climbed to two now! My father has an E500 Platinum Blue and I really liked that color so this IMO is the CLK rendition. Interesting point on the supplies ... thanks.

I'll be sure to post photos when I can. Should be here this coming Wednesday but I will probably get to pick it up Saturday.

Thanks for the nice welcome guys.

Norm
Old 04-08-2005 | 01:11 AM

hey welcome norm! i used meguiars before and i prefer zymol. it seems to hold the shine longer and gets dust off easier. meguiars seems to deteriote quickly. congrats on the new car
Old 04-08-2005 | 09:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 CLK500, 04 X3, No 07 GT3RS :(
I'd suggest doing clay bar with the full zaino treatment
Old 04-08-2005 | 01:29 PM

Frisco: So I should clay-bar the car and then use Zymol right after I pick up the car? I have used the clay-bar on my c-class before and I love it, but is this too soon to do it to the clk? What do you mean when you say "full zaino treatment"? I assume it is many different products, but I'm still new to the Zaino line of products.

fadedinc: I love the shine on your clk. Fantastic. What make and size are those wheels? They look slick, and HUGE! Thanks for the comparison between the two in your experineces. It looks to me that you've added a few toys to your car. What have you done; all Kleemann parts?

Thanks guys!

Norm
Old 04-08-2005 | 03:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S550
no problem norm, and mine is only the 320! imagine the 500 with the body kit and amg wheels! if you want to spoil how your car will look to the tee do a search and type cadet blue you will see a fellow member that has a 2005 clk500 but i havent seen him post in a while, btw the count has went up! a couple of days ago a gentleman informed us of his purchase of a cadet blue convert!
Old 04-10-2005 | 09:03 PM
Guest0001

Congrats on your new car! Post some pics please. I love Cadet blue. Beautiful color.
Old 04-13-2005 | 08:09 PM

Delay ...

Hi guys ... Well I was just informed by the sales guy I'm dealing with that the car is still in California; San Francisco to be exact. I was thinking maybe this weekend I would see it, but hearing that now, it might be in the center of the states by this Friday! Oh well. I would have loved a cadet blue cabrio but that would just add to an already high lease payment for me. When I first started walking around the lot I saw a Firemist Red / Charcoal and Berry 500 Cabrio fully loaded, with keyless go, parktronic, and I thought that was a great looking cabrio but I think sticker on that was 74K! Cadet Blue was my first choice but Firemist was a close second.

Imperial C320: Thanks. Well as you just heard, pics will be slightly delayed, but I will post them as soon as I can.

Regards,

Norm
Old 04-13-2005 | 08:56 PM

11 E550 Cabriolet
Norm,

Congrats on your new ride. You'll love it. I have an 05 CLK500 (Capri Blue & Stone) and only have good things to say about it. It's a bit of a gararge queen as it usually only comes out on weekends. As far as routine maintenance you may want to get yourself a California car duster and give it a dusting once in a while. You'll just need to get past the snickering of your wife / girlfriend & neighbors when they see you dusting your car. Call me a fanatic but I like to keep all my vehicles in top shape both mechanically and cosmetically. You'll probably also come to love the 7 speed trans which is extremely smooth and keeps us from paying a gas guzzler tax which I beleive earlier W209 owners needed to pay.

If you haven't already done so you may want to check this url https://mbworld.org/forums/detailing-automotive-care-37/ which will take you to the detailing and automotive care section of this board.

Best of luck and possibly we'll meet up at a northeast rally as I'm out of NYC

Rgds,

Roger
Old 04-14-2005 | 02:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S550
rhampar which rally? im out of brooklyn ny any other info??
Old 04-14-2005 | 07:01 PM

rhampar: Nice color combo. "It's a bit of a gararge queen as it usually only comes out on weekends." I have used the duster before and I'll use it with the CLK as well. Well I have no attachments, not even a girlfriend, so this snickering your talking about thankfully doesnt exist for me! I honestly didn't realize that I was test-driving a 7-speed until I was on the highway flipping though the gears and saw "6" on the heads-up display. I know, I know. My father picked up an '04 E500 4Matic and wanted the 7-speed, but for some reason, the car came with the 5-speed. So I will know who took it if the CLK is gone from the garage. Thanks for the link to the detailing forum. I will probably be a regular reader, if not poster to that forum. As for the meets, when is the next meet, and do we know where?

Regards,

Norm
Old 04-14-2005 | 08:14 PM

11 E550 Cabriolet
Norm,

No ralley is scheduled. Apologies if I lead you to believe there is one scheduled. I was just saying if there is one possibly we'd hook up. If you'd like to put something together you may want to talk to the folks at Marcus Dairy (At I84 and rt7). There used to be huge motorcycle gatherings there on Sundays during the spring, summer and early fall which I attended once in a while. Because they got so big (spillled into Danbury Mall) an sometimes rowdy the local community put an end to it. I think they also host on occasion Saturday mucsle car rallys. Possibly (if your into it) you can see if NE MBWorld members can hold annual gatherings.

Rgds,

Roger

Last edited by rhampar; 04-14-2005 at 09:26 PM.