CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

weird radio problem!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 02:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S550
weird radio problem!

i was driving listening to my ipod via the aux input, all the sudden the comand shuts off, couldnt turn it on or anything.
in the instrument cluster it would usually say Audio OFF instead it said Audio ---, this was scaring me adn i was in the middle of a street i couldnt not reboot the car but all the sudden it turned back on! how odd? anyone get this problem before?
Old 09-27-2005, 04:10 PM

2006 Edition CLK 280 Coupe
Sounds like the Command system crashed. Not a good thing at all. Do you have the latest software installed? i.e. the latest DVD for the NAV system? If this occurs again, get your backside to the dealer. Do you remember what track was playing on the iPod at the time? Try replying the music that you played before to see if it will crash the command again. At least you can either blame the iPod music or then blame the command unit.
Old 09-28-2005, 11:47 PM

2005 Clk 500, 2001 c320, 1998 Sl500
OMG dude u had the same prob i did
mine said audio --- tel --- nav ---
i could change volume, and cd tracks and probably radio presets, but couldnt here anything from my ipod, note i had the ipod integration kit installed recently
i reset the command system, it did it again alls i lost was all my data SOB , ne way tell me if u have ne other expirences give me a holla, my aim screen name is dell2884
thanks
Old 09-29-2005, 09:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK500/Range Rover HSE/E55 AMG/Bmw 328Xi coupe/BMW 4.8x/Bmw 335i/GS350/Audi S5/E350
Originally Posted by Dell2884
OMG dude u had the same prob i did
mine said audio --- tel --- nav ---
i could change volume, and cd tracks and probably radio presets, but couldnt here anything from my ipod, note i had the ipod integration kit installed recently
i reset the command system, it did it again alls i lost was all my data SOB , ne way tell me if u have ne other expirences give me a holla, my aim screen name is dell2884
thanks

Could it be your PSE? I had an issue with my command blanking out while listening to the radio and they changed the PSE.... Hasn't happened since....
Old 09-29-2005, 02:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S550
Originally Posted by matsna
Sounds like the Command system crashed. Not a good thing at all. Do you have the latest software installed? i.e. the latest DVD for the NAV system? If this occurs again, get your backside to the dealer. Do you remember what track was playing on the iPod at the time? Try replying the music that you played before to see if it will crash the command again. At least you can either blame the iPod music or then blame the command unit.
thanks
but i have cd nav in my 04, im not updated on the software im sure of it.... i highly doubt its an ipod problem...knowing benzes these days its a COMAND problem, but only time will tell if it occurs again