CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Part No. for Voice Control on 2006 CLK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 10:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Part No. for Voice Control on 2006 CLK

I'm trying to find a part number for a voice control module that will work on my 2006 CLK. The dealer says its not available. Does anyone know if this will work. My steering column has the piece which will receive the contol stalk so it seems it ought to be available. Thanks.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by wsscott
I'm trying to find a part number for a voice control module that will work on my 2006 CLK. The dealer says its not available. Does anyone know if this will work. My steering column has the piece which will receive the contol stalk so it seems it ought to be available. Thanks.
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...=voice+control

Bear in mind that I use UK spec modules for the Euro spec head units.

In the USA all you need is some small changes in the trunk, the voice module and the lever.

I think that Sunman has a few modules for sale. Look him up in the forum.

Last edited by benzmodz; 10-29-2005 at 12:03 AM.
Old 10-29-2005, 03:25 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
the main reason why mercedes USA sais that there is no VR module available for your car is because the standard headunit does not support VR!!!

If you have the standard audio headunit (in the US), VR will not work...

greetingz,
Old 10-29-2005, 08:17 AM

My headunit is not COMAND as far as I can tell. I have the HK Logic 7 with a 6 disc changer, and there's a CD slot in the headunit. There's no Navigation. I also installed Sirius. What I'm trying to do is to add UHI so that it will work with my SE T630 phone, but I'd like to be able to voice dial, and its my understanding that you can't voice dial unless you have the Voice Control Module. So I guess I'm confused as to what my options are, or even whether or not I would be able to voice dial. Thanks for any insight you can give.
Old 10-29-2005, 08:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by wsscott
My headunit is not COMAND as far as I can tell. I have the HK Logic 7 with a 6 disc changer, and there's a CD slot in the headunit. There's no Navigation. I also installed Sirius. What I'm trying to do is to add UHI so that it will work with my SE T630 phone, but I'd like to be able to voice dial, and its my understanding that you can't voice dial unless you have the Voice Control Module. So I guess I'm confused as to what my options are, or even whether or not I would be able to voice dial. Thanks for any insight you can give.
Sounds like you will need the COMAND upgrade too. I know that VC works very well in Euro cars with the Euro head unit. I guess Steve knows more about the USA side of things.
Old 10-29-2005, 02:50 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

some slow@$$diesels
Originally Posted by benzmodz
Sounds like you will need the COMAND upgrade too. I know that VC works very well in Euro cars with the Euro head unit. I guess Steve knows more about the USA side of things.
VR works with US comands as well...

As for wsscott: you can add phone - but cannot add VR, so NO voice dailing in the car.

greetingz,
Old 10-30-2005, 05:36 PM

I checked out what's in the trunk, ie. in the area behind the rear seats to the left of the electronics compartment and not in the passenger side fender well, and there are unconnected optical plugs that say "SDS Out" and "SDS In" , and there also is an unconnected plug that is a female pinout connector with an empty slot into which it would appear an optical connector would be inserted. Some of the MB installation instructions I've read seem to indicate that these are the connections for the VCM. Any ideas? I'm curious that MB would have the place on the steering column into which the Voice Control stalk would plug into, and has VC available for the other models, but not the CLK? Anyone know why? Is it in the CLK in European versions? Thanks for your help.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:56 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

some slow@$$diesels
Due to those VR connectors and switch we were pretty sure it would work as well when we installed VR in a US spec 2005 W203 with standard radio - but NO - it does NOT work...it worked with the euro comand that we connected into the car but simply does not work with the standard headunit that is used in the US.

greetingz,
Old 10-31-2005, 04:06 AM
kbk

10 ML450h; 10 C63
Steve: so if I have a 05 command, can I install VR and/or bluetooth?
Old 10-31-2005, 07:14 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

some slow@$$diesels
Originally Posted by kbk
Steve: so if I have a 05 command, can I install VR and/or bluetooth?
what bluetooth??? the bluetooth that mercedes is suposed to release in september and that still isn't available in november?

greetingz,
Old 11-02-2005, 04:22 PM

Steve-Do you know what the Euro COMAND headunit has that would permit it to work with the Voice Control Module that a standard headunit doesn't have. Do you know why the headunit makes any difference, since the Voice Control Module is a separate piece of electronics that I assumed controled the voice activation and Linquatronics? Another question for which there maybe is no answer but I'll ask: Why would MB not make Voice Control available for a 2006 CLK but make it available for other models?
Old 11-03-2005, 02:57 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

some slow@$$diesels
the question to ask is not "what does the euro comand have" but "what is it that is lacking in the standard US headunit"

I don't know...if I knew, I would not have been spending half a day trying to get VR to work in a US spec 2005 W203 with standard HU.

For answers about discontinuing VR in the MB basemodels, you have to go to MBUSA...I really don't know who makes the decissions there and why they make some of their decissions.

greetingz,