CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Dim light won't turn off

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 08:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Dim light won't turn off

Hello everyone, I've been around this forum for a while but never actually posted anything. I have an '05 CLK500 Coupe. I had a local shop install xenon HID 8000k white (it looks blue) headlights as well as blue fogs, blue dim lights, and blue turn signals. Everything looks amazing, but unfortunately the left dim light won't shut off. It is constantly on and you can't turn it off. This started when the halogen bulb was switched for the blue one. The shop said that if I have the battery reset, then everything in the car will reset and the car will think everything is stock. The only problem is that if the car battery gets reset, it will ask for a "radio code." Supposedly I need this code or the radio and CD player will not work. For now, I have no dim lights (I had the shop take them out 'till I get everything resolved). Anybody know how to get the radio code, or how to get the dim light to work normal? Thanks in advance.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 S55
The radio code is in the owner's manual leather case when you bought the car. If you lost them , you can always go back to Mercedes dealer to re-get the code. (free, if you bought frm them)
Old 11-28-2005, 10:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Thanks a lot for the quick reply. The dealer never gave me the radio code in the leather case thing. I guess I gotta make a trip to the dealer then.