CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Few Questions From A Newbie On A 2004 CLK500.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 07:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Few Questions From A Newbie On A 2004 CLK500.

First I would link to thank everyone for sharing their info. I have been lurking here for a bit to gather some info and what I have found so far has been a big help. I am about to purchase an 04 CLK500 and had just a few general questions.

1.) Could you refer to some websites that sell aftermarket parts? (Performance/Looks)
2.) I am also looking for OER (Replica) CLK55 wheels in 18 or 19 inch and chrome. Do you know where I may find them?
3.) I noticed a good price for a rear spoiler on Ebay (Factory look), are they of decent quality?
4.) Any recomendations as far as what is most popular in aftermarket add-ons?

I apologize in advance for what probably looks like the typical noob questions. This car will mainly be for my wife, but we both appreciate aftermarket items to set our car apart from everyone else. We had intended to purchase a CLK55 but have since changed our minds and will be happy with the CLK500. Is there anything I should look out for with the 2004 model year?

Thanks.
Old 12-19-2005, 07:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S550
all of those answers can be found on this website, we have sponsors who also set us up with good pricing, and can even install those items you might need. please refer to the classifieds section for any misc items you might need.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK500/Range Rover HSE/E55 AMG/Bmw 328Xi coupe/BMW 4.8x/Bmw 335i/GS350/Audi S5/E350
Originally Posted by TheRazor
First I would link to thank everyone for sharing their info. I have been lurking here for a bit to gather some info and what I have found so far has been a big help. I am about to purchase an 04 CLK500 and had just a few general questions.

1.) Could you refer to some websites that sell aftermarket parts? (Performance/Looks)
2.) I am also looking for OER (Replica) CLK55 wheels in 18 or 19 inch and chrome. Do you know where I may find them?
3.) I noticed a good price for a rear spoiler on Ebay (Factory look), are they of decent quality?
4.) Any recomendations as far as what is most popular in aftermarket add-ons?

I apologize in advance for what probably looks like the typical noob questions. This car will mainly be for my wife, but we both appreciate aftermarket items to set our car apart from everyone else. We had intended to purchase a CLK55 but have since changed our minds and will be happy with the CLK500. Is there anything I should look out for with the 2004 model year?

Thanks.
First off, welcome......

Now down to business, just as Sol has said (cadetclk) our sponsors here have great products with great prices. Steve is your best bet for OEM modifications. Sunman is another person to use as knowlege when modding car.... Neal sells great products with great pricing. Neal has aftermarket stuff. Frank also has a company that sells products. Do a search and you will find all these people and there companies.

As for the CLK55 OER's, neal has some killer prices! I heard the best around. Contact him. His handle is BlackC230coupe. I heard they were a great alternative to the OEM's at a fraction of the price.

Again as for the OER spoiler, i have heard that they have fitment issues. I go OEM with my car. Its piece of mind for me.

As for the aftermarket mods, just view what other peoples posts and pictures..... that will give you an idea of mods....

Also if your looking for a CLK500, I am selling mine. I know you have one in mind, but this is just another piece of information in your quest to find the best CLK...

https://mbworld.org/forums/classifieds/124924-feeler-fs-2003-clk500.html
Old 12-22-2005, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by x-tian-230k
First off, welcome......

Now down to business, just as Sol has said (cadetclk) our sponsors here have great products with great prices. Steve is your best bet for OEM modifications. Sunman is another person to use as knowlege when modding car.... Neal sells great products with great pricing. Neal has aftermarket stuff. Frank also has a company that sells products. Do a search and you will find all these people and there companies.

As for the CLK55 OER's, neal has some killer prices! I heard the best around. Contact him. His handle is BlackC230coupe. I heard they were a great alternative to the OEM's at a fraction of the price.

Again as for the OER spoiler, i have heard that they have fitment issues. I go OEM with my car. Its piece of mind for me.

As for the aftermarket mods, just view what other peoples posts and pictures..... that will give you an idea of mods....

Also if your looking for a CLK500, I am selling mine. I know you have one in mind, but this is just another piece of information in your quest to find the best CLK...

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=124924
I'd like to thank you for taking the time out to answer my questions. I know most people want to ---> when the same noob questions are asked such as mine. I moderate on two different websites and it does become tiresome after a while. I know how it feels to field the same questions over and over. I generally make it a point to set up a FAQ and sticky it at the top of a forum.

Your car looks fantastic and I wish you all the luck selling it. I actually purchased my car Tuesday. It was an early Christmas present for my wife but I plan to share a little seat time in it as well. It's an 04 CLK500 with 23k miles, silver in color, and extremely clean! It doesn't have the keyless go or nav in which I would of liked to have at least for resale purposes. We would never actually use those features so that's why I settled for this one. I'd post up a few pics but I don't think anyone here cares to see another stock CLK500.

The three main things I am looking to do at this point is to get the wheels on, tint the windows, and find a spoiler. I think I will take your suggestion to stick with the OEM on that. I appreciate the contacts you listed and will check them out. Thanks again for your help.

George.