CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Command, phone and SMS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 09:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK500 Elegance
Command, phone and SMS

I have a Nokia 6610. I have used it in my CLK for the last year - no issues. In the last 2 months or so, something strange has come up. I dial 1234 [Sensis] [a phone service that looks up phone numbers an operator of sorts] and ask for a number and also ask for connection. Sensis connect me and also send an SMS with the detials and phone number of the connection. For example, I ask for Bunnings Hardware. The SMS I get back says "Scott's Honda". If I open up the SMS via the Command screen it says who ever I really called, in this case Bunnings. If I remove the phone from the cradle [a genuine Benz cradle], the SMS says Bunnings. I have performed the task many, many times and it always brings up Scott's Honda. By the way, I have dialed for Scott's Honda in the past [my wife has a Honda MDX] and it brings up Scott's Honda OK. Other issues I have noticed is the phone would be switched off by the Command system on an erratic basis. Has maybe happened 6 times. Usually sorts it self out.

My guess is there has to be something funny with the Command system. I rang McIntosh Mercedes Benz. They acknowledged the Command software does get corrupted, but have never heard of the problem as I described. They also said to check the phone contacts, but that wouldn't explain why the phone receives SMS ok, but the Command system partly confuses them.

Anyway, any ideas? Is it a Command glitch? The dealer says they would need the car for half a day and of course the phone to test and play.