CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Urgent Answers Needed On Clk 320

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2002, 02:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Urgent Answers Needed On Clk 320

HI!

I recently purchased the new CLK 320 in Sweden and I have a few questions which I need answered as soon as possible. It would be good if someone from Europe could verify my statements to see if I have the correct equipment in my car!

1. I have the COMAND (navigation etc) but I don't have an antenna on the roof! Everything works fine but should I have an antenna?

2. My inner mirror is "manual" I don't know how to discribe its function in English but I think you will understand. Is there an "automatic" inner mirror and if so does anyone know if mine can be changed without much hassel?

3. I have driven many different cars in my days but I noticed something which could pose a security risk when driving! When I look at my outer mirrors (both left and right) I can see a reflection of the air vents (both left and right). This is very awkward and I'm not very pleased with this! Does anyone else notice this?

Please someone in Europe who has this car look at my statements and comment!

Thanks!
Old 08-04-2002, 07:10 PM
DtS
MBWorld Fanatic!

C200 Kompressor
Hi! Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new purchase.

1. I don't know if there is supposed to be an antenna on the roof. I think the GPS-antenna usually is attached to the rear window. I think it will be pretty obvious if you have the comand or not. I don't think MB will forget to provide you with the antenna if you have it

2. There is a automatic fading inner rear view mirror available (in combination with one auto-fading exterior mirror). There will be a small hazzle in changing the exterior one (since euro-spec cars don't come prewired like the ones for the US-market). The inner one shoud be exchangable (I've seen this as an option at my local MB-dealer, price ~3.200 SEK mounted and ready)

3. Yepp, I've also noticed this. But there is a simple solution. Change the way the mirrors are set, probably they are aimed to much "inwards".

Again, welcome to MBworld and enjoy your new ride!

(Hälsningar från Stockholm )
Old 08-04-2002, 11:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

are you seeing the reflection of the vent in the mirror or on the glass of the window? if it's the window.. then there really isn't much you can do about it.....
Old 08-05-2002, 07:01 AM

Tack så mycket!

Thank you very much Dts you answered all my questions and today I called Mercedes- Benz HQ in Germany and I talked with a guy who also has the new CLK! He said that Mercedes-Benz f...cked up when they constructed the CLK model because they placed the air vents at the wrong angle! He also said that this fault is found in the C-class as well! I'll try your tip to minimise the reflections! Regarding the antenna I forgot to ask him, but all the pictures I have seen of the car on the net have antennas on the roof! That was why I was worried that MB forgot something! Also regarding the inner mirror and left outer mirror I'm going to my MB dealer today to complain as I was not informed about the availability of an automatic fader! I hope that you are "wrong" about the outer mirror and that it will be easy for them to change them both!

MVH från Malmö!
Tack igen!
Old 09-15-2003, 12:00 AM

hi,

did you update the autodim rear view mirror? is it a quick change up? I am also interested to upgrade the rear view mirror.
Old 09-15-2003, 06:41 AM
Almost a Member!

The auto dimming rear view mirror is standard in the UK. The antenna on the car at the rear is for the mobile phone if fitted (I'm pretty sure!). The other aerials are integrated into the rear screen.
Old 09-15-2003, 10:29 AM

'73 LADA
Grattis !!

Grattis till köpet grabben, här på forumet kan du få vet allt om den här bilen.

kan du inte lägga upp lite bilder på bilen??

köpte du med amg paket? vilekn färg? avantgarde eller elegance?
planerar du att köpa fetare fälgar???

! grattis !