CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Anyone for European Delivery ....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2002, 09:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk320
Thumbs up Anyone for European Delivery ....

was in Germany 18months ago with a pal to pick up his e class .. a rather pleasant trip .. autobahn was outta of this world 120 - 135 mph steady .. if you're a speed nut.

We dropped the car off in London .. and he was driving his car back here in the states in less than 10weeks !!

I'm thinking of doing the same with my new clk anyone would like to share some thoughts ??? .
Old 08-12-2002, 09:44 PM

CLK55 and Yukon Denali
I would do that in a hearbeat if I had a chance. I've heard plenty of great things from my two friends who did the same. I this vehicle would have come in early summer so that I could have had the time to do it. (slow time of year for my practice)
Old 08-13-2002, 11:35 PM

sl and M-class E320 4Matic SLK350
By all means go!

Just got back from picking up a SL500 on European Delivery. We opted for the Black Forest-Alps Rally package and had no regrets whatsoever. This was our 3rd European Delivery and look forward to repeating the experience in the future.
Old 08-14-2002, 06:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Porsche Cayenne S, MB E430, & M3
Re: By all means go!

Originally posted by northbenz
Just got back from picking up a SL500 on European Delivery. We opted for the Black Forest-Alps Rally package and had no regrets whatsoever. This was our 3rd European Delivery and look forward to repeating the experience in the future.
how much more is it for Euro delivery? also do they arrange the trips and all for additional $$?

thanks!

LIL Raja
Old 08-14-2002, 06:26 PM

Two days of hotel and meals thrown in for free. The Rally package is an extra $1200 for a couple. It includes additional hotel and meals and is a negotiated rate that Mercedes gets which savings they pass on to the customer. You do save shipping cost as Mercedes takes care of all shipping and duty. Otherwise price is typically MSRP. Oh, Mercedes also covers two weeks of road insurance in Europe and of course there is the intangible savings of not having to pay for a rental car while in Europe.
Old 08-14-2002, 06:58 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Don't forget the free tour of the factory!

Also: European accident kit if you remember to remove it from the trunk before you drop off the car (they have to take it out and put in the correct version before delivering it to you).

Wanted to do it on my ccoupe, but timing didn't work out well. Maybe next time.
Old 08-14-2002, 11:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Porsche Cayenne S, MB E430, & M3
what is the lead time for delivery from europe to usa? say east coast.

norhbenz,
how do you save on shipping cost? Cuz i was under impression that the MSRP already has that incorporated that in the price.
so where does the saving come from?
the ralley package for $1200 hmm. sounds tempting.

LIL Raja
Old 08-15-2002, 03:21 AM

4 to 6 weeks to get the car from "Europe to West Coast. Probably a week or two faster to East Coast. Someone told me the ships leave from Bremmen so if you drop it off there could shave a little time off. There is usually an equalized delivery charge marked separately on the vehicle sticker. That is the delivery charge which is waived under European Delivery even though the car is shipped domestically from the vehicle prep center to your dealer. (obviously it doesn't take 4 to 6 weeks on the water. A lot of the time is sitting in port waiting for a full load and the fact that the cars are routed through the US Vehicle Prep centers before they get trucked on to the dealer. In the old days this last step was skipped and you could just pick up the car at the port of your choice.)
Old 08-15-2002, 11:54 AM

clk320
It looks like I'll be definitely taking the Euro delivery then.

It cost me about $800 1000 to rent a E 230 diesel for about a week last year. I think it makes sense just for the fact that you save on car hire not to even mention free insurance and hotel. I think this is one of the most underappreciated perks of buying a new MB.

And if you time your drop off well enough you'll have your car in about 4 weeks.

I'll call my salesman and ask for more info ...

hrhos