CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Black CLK500 and Pewter CLK320 *pictures* and impressions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2002, 03:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have ordered a Pewter Silver E Class and I am soooo glad I did ,the new color looks great.

Because it's a sedan and an Elegance with the burr walnut trim I have gone for the Pebble Beige interior,but if I was getting a CLK I would go for the sportier charcoal trim.
Old 08-14-2002, 07:42 AM
Aus

Love your work Liquid, thank you.

You were originally getting yours with the alluminiam interior? is this still the case?
Old 08-14-2002, 07:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Likuidm5:

Did they tell you when you will be getting yours? I have nine hours to go.

Regards,

Michael T
Old 08-14-2002, 09:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My worthless 2 cents:

My brother owns a MY2000 CLK430. Bad build quality (or even maybe bad luck) and he's had his share of problems, some solved and some still occuring (cough squeaky dash). Regarding the wood trim, when my father saw the birds eye maple, the first thing he said is "Is this plastic?" The birds eye maple does look like complete crap. Looks dull.

the w208 will be a classic styled car. But it has PLENTY of shortfalls.

With the pricing, I believe Mercedes is hoping that the CLK will be very exclusive and not as popular as the C230 hatchback. The base price for the CLK320 is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too high. But its done for a reason and there's no better way to make something exclusive than to price a car above the intended car buyer segment.
Old 08-14-2002, 11:14 AM

'03 CLK500
Love your work Liquid, thank you. You were originally getting yours with the alluminiam interior? is this still the case?

Yes, I am still getting the exact specs that are listed in my signature below.

Did they tell you when you will be getting yours? I have nine hours to go.

No, they did not. Originally.. this was the deal. I was supposed to be #7 on the list at my dealership. When I asked my dealer where my car was, he said speak to the owner of the dealership. When I spoke to the owner, he said that they had not yet "earned" my car. Each dealership is allocated a certain amount of cars based upon their sales and reputation with Mercedes, and my dealership had not earned 7 cars yet.

I spoke to my salesman last week, and he told me that I had been bumped up to #5 on the list, because a couple people backed out. Music to my ears. He told me that the first shipment (which arrived yesterday morning) would include order #'s 1-3, as well as 1 car for the showroom. He told me last week that they were expected in at the end of August, reinforcing my opinion that the guy has his head up his @ss. He told me that I would be on the second shipment of cars, which are supposed to come in a few weeks after the first shipment.

If my car was supposively on the next shipment, you'd think they'd have some information about it, no? A tracking #? SOMETHING? Not yet. I'm going to go to my dealership today and talk to my salesman, because if the first batch are now in, my car can't be too far behind.

I'm praying I have my car for when I go back to school (September 1st), but stuff like this never works out for me, so I'm not optimistic. I'll tell you guys how my meeting goes today with my salesman.

- Mike