CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

CLK 320 vs. 500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2002, 11:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
an old Z, of course....
CLK 320 vs. 500

I went to my dealer today, and behold, there were 4 new CLK's (1 black/1 silver CLK 500, 1 black/1 silver CLK 320). I has a chance to drive the silver 320 and the black 500. The 320 has plenty of get up. It felt as fast as my old 99 CLK 320. However, the 500 just plain rocked. Never having the chance to drive a really fast car (ie. 911, Ferrari), it blew the doors off anything that I had driven in the past. It defintely felt as fast as my old 300ZX Turbo.

In regard to the interior, the charcoal interior was very nice. It reminded me of the C-Class sedan, but I would say it is better than my old CLK. Certain things, like the center armrest, seem plasticy. The seat belt extender will take a little getting use to (scare the crap out of me at first). Also, the old window sealing sound when you close the door has been replaced by a double sound (one for the front window, one for the back). The grey/ash interior did not look as nice IMO. It already has scuff marks near the door.

In regard to exteriors, the black 320 looked almost identical to the black 500. The AMG body style was not as predominant. With the silver cars, the 500 looked better due to the AMG package. The silver 320 looked as if it was missing something. One positive I thought was that it didn't seem as high as I originally thought. Also, the black cars looked smaller than the silver, but on the interior, it felt more roomier than the old CLK. The truck space also wasn't as small as I thought....the golf clubs still fit easily.

Only 3 more weeks until mine is delivered.....