CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Just bought an '04 CLK320, any ought to do servicing/inspections?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 04:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just bought an '04 CLK320, any ought to do servicing/inspections?

I had originally been looking at the 330's, but came across a CLK deal that I couldn't refused. I should be getting my hands on it at the end of this week or by next week.

The cars got 42k miles on it, so its still under factory warranty, but the carfax I ran only showed a service at 10k miles. Are there any standard servicing/inspections i should have done at a MB dealer?

The place is also selling the guardian 2 yr/27k extended warranty for $2500, should I pick that up? or does MB offer extended warranties? From what i've read, it seems like an extended warranty is a good idea for the CLK. thanks in advance.

Last edited by shazbot; 05-24-2006 at 04:05 AM.
Old 05-24-2006, 06:49 AM

Congratulations on your purchase! I'm just in the early process of closing the deal on a 2004 CLK500. I started thinking of extended warranties too. Here's one site I stumbled on that might help.

http://www.autowarrantyguide.com/

Since their service programs are on line, I'm going going to ask for the service records outside of carfax.

What else does a dealer try to slam you with at close in the "Business Office" for pre owned cars?

BTW, do factory warranties cover service & maintenance like BMW does?
Old 05-24-2006, 08:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
Get the tranny FLUSHED.Do not buy into "lifetime fill" or any of that other garbage such as "these tranny's don't need servicing until 100k".If they didn't need servicing till then they would warranty them to 100k.
Old 05-24-2006, 01:54 PM

is the tranny flushing included under factory warranty? And I guess I should also just ask them to do an overall inspection of the tranny? but that would seem like its somethind i'd have to pay for.
Old 05-24-2006, 02:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S550
Originally Posted by MickeyVee

BTW, do factory warranties cover service & maintenance like BMW does?

yes, but only up until 2004, they will cover oil changes and such but not brake pads/rotors

shazbot, congrats.. i have an 04 with barely any problems to think of, im sure you will enjoy it!

and post pics!!!!!!!
Old 05-24-2006, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by clkcadet
yes, but only up until 2004, they will cover oil changes and such but not brake pads/rotors

shazbot, congrats.. i have an 04 with barely any problems to think of, im sure you will enjoy it!

and post pics!!!!!!!
thanks, i'll try as soon as I get my hands on the car. Its great to hear that your 04 has no problems. After reading on this site & various other places, electrical gremlins have been weighing on my mind.

also, can anybody tell me how i can find out what options/packages are on my car? I'm not really sure what the appearance/sport/premium package adds. I just know that the car has a sunroof + the 6cd changer.
Old 05-25-2006, 01:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S550
Originally Posted by shazbot
thanks, i'll try as soon as I get my hands on the car. Its great to hear that your 04 has no problems. After reading on this site & various other places, electrical gremlins have been weighing on my mind.

also, can anybody tell me how i can find out what options/packages are on my car? I'm not really sure what the appearance/sport/premium package adds. I just know that the car has a sunroof + the 6cd changer.

first off, those "electric gremlins" are really nothing that can affect the car (sunroof's one touch stops working, or something along those lines)but its nothing serious and they are very very easy fixes given you have the warranty its all free

now about the packages, appearance package in 2004 added 17 inch wheels, large chrome finisher exhaust tip, sport leather/chrome shift knob, and aluminum trim (can opt for wood) not alot of 2004's came with the appearance package, but you can always add those items on as you wish the wheels are a must!

sunroof and 6 disc sounds standard, and you wouldnt need much more than that unless you like the bells and whistles (navi system,phone kit, xenons, etc)
your gonna love the car! best of luck to you