CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Distronic and Parktronic?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2002, 12:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 CL550
Question Distronic and Parktronic?

I ordered my CLK500 few months ago, but now that i got the prices i wounder if the distronic $2950 and parktronic $1035 worth the money?

It seem a lot of money for something that i get used very little

Any opnions?

Ronen
Old 08-18-2002, 02:21 AM

IIlakers, setup a few questions for those costly options.
(1) Distronic
- Useful in long distance travelling
speed varies significantly that cruise control device often
on & off
Are you often travel that long with a little jammed traffic ?
at least traditional cruise control is hard to use.
- Forget the city tour,it's not designed for stop & go.
(2) Parktronic
1. Check the working day & holiday routine
Garage & company reservation or space friendly for any
drop-in park.
2. In Public, shopping mall, supermarket, restaurant ...
crowdy parking lots, park with care is necessay
3. Along the road side parking, insert between two cars (F & B)

For case 2 & 3, PTS is recommended.
Old 08-18-2002, 08:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
Re: Distronic and Parktronic?

Originally posted by llakers
I ordered my CLK500 few months ago, but now that i got the prices i wounder if the distronic $2950 and parktronic $1035 worth the money?

It seem a lot of money for something that i get used very little

Any opnions?

Ronen
Here in S. Florida traffic is almost bumper to bumper at 70 mph. Distronic would be useless.

For $3,000 (close to) you a choice of many Rolex models: Submariner, GMT, Day/Date...
Old 08-18-2002, 08:28 AM

Re: Re: Distronic and Parktronic?

Originally posted by karl k
Here in S. Florida traffic is almost bumper to bumper at 70 mph. Distronic would be useless.

For $3,000 (close to) you a choice of many Rolex models: Submariner, GMT, Day/Date...
Hey,karl K, bumper to bumper at 70 mph is the perfect application for Distronic IMO
You don't have to care the "gap" and drive carefully,
let the "smart ***" to move the car while you're boring inside or chat with the passenger .... just keep the steering wheel.
a beeper will warn you in case the gap is too short.

A nice watch, uh ! not bad idea.
Old 08-18-2002, 10:04 AM

2004 Audi S4, 2003 CLK 500
Karl K, GREAT idea about the watch, although I would say a $3000 down payment for a Franck Muller would be better choice. I ordered my CLK-500 with everything except for distronic. Parktronic is a great feature.
Old 08-18-2002, 10:38 AM

CLK55 and Yukon Denali
Re: Re: Distronic and Parktronic?

I didn't get the distronic b/c I knew I would never use it... I must say that the parktronic hasn't really come in handy. I thought it would be a nice feature- if anything I got it for those few times where my girlfriend is driving my vehicle.

Speaking of Rolex- I don't know if any of you are interested but I have a stainless steel Rolex Daytona with a black face. This is a "P" serial number watch and is only 1.5 months old. After years of waiting I got two in the same month. Email me if you want to consider buying it. I am sure if you respond you know that these are considered the "Holy Grail" to watch collector's...
Old 08-18-2002, 12:11 PM

'03 CLK500
You're forgetting..

If you go for distronic.. I know this isn't a major deal (to some), but you will not have the "mesh" style 3-point Mercedes-Benz star on the front grill of your car. It will be filled in with black plastic, to protect the distronic sensor that's in there. I've seen cars with it and without it, and I can tell you that seeing how cheap it looks with the filled in black plastic was enough for me to say screw distronic.

At first I thought that all cars came with the MB star filled in with black plastic - like it was their way of distinguising it from the CL or something. But when I found out I wouldn't have a cheapo looking star, I was thrilled. Screw distronic!
Old 08-18-2002, 01:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
Re: Re: Re: Distronic and Parktronic?

Originally posted by Benzo
...Speaking of Rolex- I don't know if any of you are interested but I have a stainless steel Rolex Daytona with a black face. This is a "P" serial number watch and is only 1.5 months old. After years of waiting I got two in the same month. Email me if you want to consider buying it. I am sure if you respond you know that these are considered the "Holy Grail" to watch collector's...
I am looking for the "K" current model. List I believe is $6.500, but -- I know, I know, hard to get like the SL55 AMG.
Old 08-18-2002, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
Re: You're forgetting..

Originally posted by likuidM5
If you go for distronic.. I know this isn't a major deal (to some), but you will not have the "mesh" style 3-point Mercedes-Benz star on the front grill of your car. It will be filled in with black plastic, to protect the distronic sensor that's in there. I've seen cars with it and without it, and I can tell you that seeing how cheap it looks with the filled in black plastic was enough for me to say screw distronic.

At first I thought that all cars came with the MB star filled in with black plastic - like it was their way of distinguising it from the CL or something. But when I found out I wouldn't have a cheapo looking star, I was thrilled. Screw distronic!

I agree. That is one of the main reasons I did not get Distronic. The Star looks like a cheap tack on with it.
Old 08-18-2002, 02:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2008 BMW M6, 2008 Ducati 1098, 2008 Ducati Monster S2R1000, 1971 Ducati Scrambler
Parktronic is fantastic, I couldn't imagine parking a car without it... not sure what I will do with my C32, lol .

Distronic is a good concept, but it has too many flaws.
Old 08-18-2002, 04:15 PM
Almost a Member!

Audi A4 2.4 SE
PTS is worth getting

I ordered Parktronic on my CLK320.

My wife (girlfriend back then) did some damage to a car of mine when she reversed into a post a few years ago and parktronic would have paid for itself then (no comment on her driving I would have probably hit it in the circumstances too).

I tested it out on a C-class and it seemed to work pretty well. I also have a small garage (a converted barn) so it is handy for me.

In the UK distronic is way overpriced IMHO, parktronic is worth getting and not too expensive (comparable to the Audi/BMW option price). I regret not having it on my A4.

In London some of the parking spaces (when you can find them) are pretty small...
Old 08-18-2002, 05:47 PM
DtS
MBWorld Fanatic!

C200 Kompressor
According to some rumours the distonic will disturb the police-officers radar guns. Maybe the initial price for it isn't that bad if you plan speeding alot....
Old 08-18-2002, 06:06 PM

CLK55 and Yukon Denali
Re: Re: Re: Re: Distronic and Parktronic?

I am looking for the "K" current model. List I believe is $6.500, but -- I know, I know, hard to get like the SL55 AMG.
So very hard to get. I didn't realize they are producing the "K" already. I have someone who can get you an SL55 by September. I believe they are asking 40k over sticker though. Kinda like the Daytona- they list for Just over six thousand and people pay up to twelve thousand for them. Very funny...
Old 08-18-2002, 10:45 PM

an old Z, of course....
Info Please

How close does the parktronic allow you to get before it reaches it's max. beeping (full red bar)?

Reason being....my new house has an extremely small garage ...95" garage door opening, 108" inside wall to wall dimension. Also, the garage is only 15' 6" to the front step (I have an addition 5' beyond the step, but the step sticks out...plus I need to store the lawn mower somewhere...)

Will I be able to get the car in and out using the parktronic, or are the dimensions of the garage too tight, and will I be constantly get the "STOP NOW" signal? Thanks.
Old 08-19-2002, 01:09 AM

2007 CL550
Thank You!

your commets confirm my decison.

I will call my salewomen and cancel the parktronic and distronic.

Thank You All!!!

Ronen
Old 08-19-2002, 02:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BMW M6, 2008 Ducati 1098, 2008 Ducati Monster S2R1000, 1971 Ducati Scrambler
Re: Info Please

Originally posted by Z-Dude
How close does the parktronic allow you to get before it reaches it's max. beeping (full red bar)?
It reaches it's max mabye 6 inches before your car will hit something. It is designed for use in tight spaces.
Old 08-19-2002, 05:48 PM

I would forget the Distronic but keep the Parkronic.

It is very useful in unfamiliar carparks and for valet.
Old 08-19-2002, 06:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I never let valet guys touch my cars. I just park my car in the valet lot, take up two spaces, and tip them . They have no problem with it as long as I give them a nice tip.
Old 08-19-2002, 06:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by Accord
I never let valet guys touch my cars. I just park my car in the valet lot, take up two spaces, and tip them . They have no problem with it as long as I give them a nice tip.
Accord,

I like the way you think!
Old 08-19-2002, 07:48 PM

CLK55 and Yukon Denali
Well done, Accord. I do the same but I can't say I've gone as far as taking two spaces.
Old 08-19-2002, 10:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I never used to take up two spaces until I repeatedly got my car dinged up by people driving Camaro's and other types of cars with mammoth doors, lol .
Old 08-20-2002, 10:42 AM

CLK55 and Yukon Denali
I am lauging my a$$ off right now. I pulled into my office this morning, (same place I photoed my car) and we have several restaurants in walking distance. Therefore our lot tends to get very crowded. As I pulled in this morning there were no corner spots and every open space was next to a coupe of some sort with very long doors- so, gathering the information I have learned here, I pulled in next to a vette- diagonaly- and I took up two spaces. Must admit- it felt pretty good. Got an ugly stare- but hey, if they don't like it they can complain to the owner of the building. I never listen to those types of complaints anyway!
Old 08-20-2002, 10:50 AM

:p You're discipline people, what I mean is if I park like that
here in Taiwan, Guess what's going to happen....

My car will be scratched, every pcs of it.

So, TAKES TWO in the states for CLK !!
Old 08-20-2002, 10:55 AM

CLK55 and Yukon Denali
That is exactly what I fear. I broke up with an ex-girlfriend and she went out- had a couple too many ****tails- and went to my house and keyed my car all the way around- SO BAD! She then felt guilty a few hours later and placed a bouquet of flowers under my wiper-blade. I walked out in the morning and was like, W--- the F---?" Thnings like that wouldn't happen in a valet lot b/c you are already tipping the attendants who should be the only people in the lot anyway. My car doesn't exactly fill two spaces like a "S".
Old 08-20-2002, 04:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by Benzo
I am lauging my a$$ off right now. I pulled into my office this morning, (same place I photoed my car) and we have several restaurants in walking distance. Therefore our lot tends to get very crowded. As I pulled in this morning there were no corner spots and every open space was next to a coupe of some sort with very long doors- so, gathering the information I have learned here, I pulled in next to a vette- diagonaly- and I took up two spaces. Must admit- it felt pretty good. Got an ugly stare- but hey, if they don't like it they can complain to the owner of the building. I never listen to those types of complaints anyway!
I'm glad to see that my advice worked!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Distronic and Parktronic?