CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

I took in my car for service and it cost $1,100

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 03:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes
Originally Posted by Toog4me
Exactly! The dealerships biggest hope is to get you out of your car and into a new one. By giving out six year warranties, there would be no hope. But hopefully, when your car breaks down and has a major repair, they'll take that and apply it to a new car.
If I buy a new car it's going to be a Lexus. I've wasted so much time having this car serviced, if they can't at least sell me a warranty I'm going elsewhere.
Old 11-12-2006, 09:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G63, AMG GT S
Originally Posted by Chi500
If I buy a new car it's going to be a Lexus. I've wasted so much time having this car serviced, if they can't at least sell me a warranty I'm going elsewhere.
You're smart. Most people aren't.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 CLK55, 03 S500 4MATIC
Important Information regarding WARRANTY

most warranty companies are going to cover manufacture retail price, like lets say 50 dollars an hour while mercedes dealers charge 90. so i have to pay the 40 difference, not only that there is a deductibile. i can get it fixed at any shop, but which shop charges that little????????????? everybody charges matrix pricing.

If i knew this earlier, it would've helped, didnt even know there was a deductible. i hate SELECT LUXURY, stupid sales girl just told me it covers everything, wish i could sue her, b/c she gave me STRESS. i'm not that rich to be paying for a grand for stupid problems.

I bought a used CLK w209 AMG. 40k miles on it. still have mb warrnty till 50k.

got a warranty from NATIONAL AUTO CARE. The best one "pinnacle" for 3200 fricken dollars. 4 yr/50k miles more, so till 90k

i should have not gotten a warranty and bought a used bike or just put that in my piggie bank for some problems with the car.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G63, AMG GT S
Originally Posted by juneyi
most warranty companies are going to cover manufacture retail price, like lets say 50 dollars an hour while mercedes dealers charge 90. so i have to pay the 40 difference, not only that there is a deductibile. i can get it fixed at any shop, but which shop charges that little????????????? everybody charges matrix pricing.

If i knew this earlier, it would've helped, didnt even know there was a deductible. i hate SELECT LUXURY, stupid sales girl just told me it covers everything, wish i could sue her, b/c she gave me STRESS. i'm not that rich to be paying for a grand for stupid problems.

I bought a used CLK w209 AMG. 40k miles on it. still have mb warrnty till 50k.

got a warranty from NATIONAL AUTO CARE. The best one "pinnacle" for 3200 fricken dollars. 4 yr/50k miles more, so till 90k

i should have not gotten a warranty and bought a used bike or just put that in my piggie bank for some problems with the car.
If she told you it covers everything, she wasn't lying. It does. It's up to the consumer to read the contract.

I've said it a million times-- warranties aren't only about coverage and price.

P.s.

You can ALWAYS cancel your warranty and get a pro-rated refund.