CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

How do you remove the door panel?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 12:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 clk55
How do you remove the door panel?

Any body have the wis for the door panel removal. I have every screw that i can see out. I must be missing one. I have the one below the door handle and behind the srs button. and then all the ones at the end of the door. It feels like there is one by the door pull or behind the seat adjustment switches.

Thanks for you help in advance. I tried searching but couldnt find anything.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 CLK500, 04 X3, No 07 GT3RS :(
It's easy actually - there's a U shaped latch behind the door pull. You need to pull up (and then out) to disengage. When you do it, the rubber seal along the window pane will probably come out, and if it does this it doesn't mean you broke anything. You need to give it a little tug but it should come right out if you got out all the screws and fasteners.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 clk55
so theres only the 2 screws behind the 2 buttons holding the door on other than the tweeter mount and the 4 on the end of the door. so just lift up and out. It almost felt like there was another screw holding the door down. Is it supposed to be that tight?

Thanks frisco
Old 11-08-2006, 12:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 CLK500, 04 X3, No 07 GT3RS :(
You are welcome - it sounds like you are basically there. Keep in mind that it's been well over a year since I took the door apart but from what I recall, there are two torx screws on the panel behind the ABS and another plastic decorative cover plate right below the door pull, a couple more torx on the latch edge of the door, something behind the tweeter coverplate, a bunch of tabs along the bottom edge that need to be popped, and the wire for the bulb at the base of the door. Once you do that, the main things holding the door in place are the U behind the door pull which faces down and secures the panel to the door frame and the rubber seal along the window pane. If you pull out, you'll be fighting the U piece and the rubber seal and will eventually break the U. If you pull up, there will be a bit of resistance initially because I believe there is a bit of a flare at the base of the U piece to keep it snug. But the entire door panel should just pull right up when overcome it, although you will also have to overcome the friction of the rubber seal and you might think you're breaking the seal by accident. The rubber seal along the window pane is only held in place by friction and should come out with the panel.

Last edited by Frisco; 11-08-2006 at 12:51 AM.