CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

crash-anyone here?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 12:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
crash-anyone here?

So it's 7pm tonight and i'm in the S4 and nearly back from work heading east on Hollywood blvd. I'm following a car at about 30mph in the outside lane as the inside lane is very bumpy. Just as I pass Gardner this new (w209) CLK350 comes steaming past me at about 60mph. As he gets one car length in front of me he hits a ridge in the road and the back end lift and his car skews to the left violently. Instead of breaking it looks like he didn't realize the seriousness of the situation and tried to carry on. Thank god i slowed at this point. He hits a second ridge about 15yards down th road and sparks fly as the CLK grounds itself before slamming into the curb. It's passenger side rear wheel flies off and and it swerves right then left-THUD- straight into a lampost at about 30mph. It then rolled over onto it's drivers side.

I was stopped about 15yards away, the first car on scene. My heart was pounding about how i'd deal with the grizzly scene that surely awaited but as i called 911 (and got bloody recorded message), people began to emerge from the sunroof and passenger window which now faced the sky.

It was two 25-30yr old black guys and two white/persian women. All unharmed which is testament to the safety in a crash of a modern benz.

I walked up to the driver and he said we're all okay. I wanted to thump the dangerous pos but ended up just shaking my head and returning to my vehicle. I regret havng not waited and informed the police that the driver was solely to blame.

Thank god that neither myself or any other innocent motorists were harmed by his recklessness.

It must have happened so fast yet was like slow motion-it was eerie being that close and seeing impending disaster yet not being able to do anything to stop it.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 CLS63
Thats crazy. Why the hell was he driving so recklessly? Guess he couldnt handle the power in his new car.