CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

First round of Mods on the CLK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 11:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
Originally Posted by vmspionage
Maybe I wasn't clear in my previous post. The transmission in my car (04 CLK 500) already supports a tiptronic mode - I can move the console selector left or right to down or upshift. What I was saying is to extend that capability to shift selectors on the steering wheel by means of wiring two switches in parallel - those switches being the "paddles" - so when you depress the paddle it closes the circuit as if you moved the shift selector left or right.

The hardest part would be retrofitting the paddle hardware into an older style wheel. Even if the new paddles used something other than micro switches (which I doubt) it would be easy to convert. I see no reason it can't be done.
OK................

Even IF one could wire it via the touch shift...One still has to wire it to the steering wheel....Through the contact ring behind the steering wheel
As it works off of resistance ....
All the functions go through the contact ring behind the steering wheel

The Steering wheel/shifter would be the easy step in the mod