CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Finally!! Pix of mods & custom audio

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 03:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
R230
Originally Posted by LB Bnz
....also, once you remove the stock head unit, you will lose the volume control on your steering wheel...MB sets up their wiring via fiber optic. If you were to install an Alpine, then you would use traditional wiring (RCA's)

...by the way, didn't realize you were in Ontario Cananda (thought you were in Ontario California)....
Yah, the commute to CA would be a bit tough......like 72 hours driving......

I picked up a CDA-3855 off of ebay.....really don't care about the steering wheel controls as I find the volume movement too slow via the wheel anyways.......
Old 02-18-2007, 06:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
[QUOTE=LB Bnz;2024390]....also, once you remove the stock head unit, you will lose the volume control on your steering wheel...MB sets up their wiring via fiber optic. If you were to install an Alpine, then you would use traditional wiring (RCA's)

There is a aftermarket source that makes a piece that will allow the Multifunction steering wheel functions....Thats why I asked IF you had it done
Old 02-18-2007, 09:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
R230
Originally Posted by LB Bnz
Mark Cummins--wow, that's a lot of stuff...I think half the things you listed will be under consideration, but thanks...(you got my mod vibes flow'n again..LOL) When I originally got my stereo set up, I was using the stock head unit and obtaining 'the signal' from the stock set up--in order to run my subwoofer & amp combo, but before long, the signal wasn't strong enough to power the wattage....long story short, I got frustrated with the
< 100% sound & power and swapped out the stock head unit and put in the Alpine set up...I only lost the volume controls on the steering wheel--no big deal since I have an Alpine remote....

Clk2k3--that was you> cool exhaust!! not bad price for the install too.
well, regarding the mods, I started the mods well before the baby was born...I just learned to save & spend wisely...LOL. I do a lot of researching though, but ultimately, having some great 'hook-ups' always seems to help..

rcoppens--I have the Alpine CDA-9847...it's not the newest model, but it serves the purpose and the look & finish on it was the only one (at the time) that matched the interior and had the exact fitment of the center..no cutting was required. The head unit 'kit' was designed for the '04 C class...
The sub set up was unique since I still wanted to 'have' trunk space but have the bass directed into the car...the way MB insulates their cars makes for little rattle on the outside. Plus I wanted my system 'stealthy', but when I drive with the back seat rest down, it's pure THUMP...LOL.

BTW LB, where did you pick up the fascia (head unit kit)? Brand or model #?

Thanks!
Old 02-19-2007, 03:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Great job on the car, it looks real nice. That 15" subwoofer must hit hard! Just be careful that you don't crank up the bass too high because my 12" was enough to loosen up the interior and now I got rattles everywhere.

Take care.
Old 02-19-2007, 03:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 E350, 03 Lexus ES300, 04 CLK 320 (gone)
Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
Great job on the car, it looks real nice. That 15" subwoofer must hit hard! Just be careful that you don't crank up the bass too high because my 12" was enough to loosen up the interior and now I got rattles everywhere.

Take care.
thanks Bro!! I appreciate that...yeah, I have the 15" sub & amp tuned just right--just enough bass without going 'over board'...LOL. The places I found that rattled were just the simple things...I squeezed in small pieces of Dynamat in-between to stop the rattles...

I'm thinking of taking up your recent mod (E-cut out on the exhaust)...kinda give my V6 a little more growl....