CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Need help "dealer Issues"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help "dealer Issues"

I recently bought a 2003 CLK 500 with 23,000 miles on it. I've been having all sorts of issues with the car for example the driver head lamp does not come on at times but if I turn off the car and them back on it works again. When I when to start the car one day it sounded like the starter didn't engage the flywheel. During Idle the car starts to idle rough but if I tap the gas it settles again. These are just some of the issues I've been having, now for the problem I was driving to work last week on the freeway doing about 75 mph when traffic backed up a little. I slowed down to about 20 mph when I accelerated again the car felt sluggish. This was because the transmission didn't shift. I tried to manually shift and nothing either. When I made it to work I read the manual and it said to turn off the car wait 10 sec and turn it back on and the transmission should go into limp home mode. I tried that when I turned the car off I couldn't turn it back on it was dead. MB roadside came and found a blown fuse its the one for the ESP and the transmission computers. He replaced the fuse and sure enough the car started we then turned it off and tried to turned it back on and it had blown the fuse again. The car went to the dealer in a flat bed tow truck, now the dealer is telling me that all the components are good and that it had a short in the wiring that they were only going to charge me for labor no parts. What I'm afraid of is that in was one of the many intermittent problems the car is having and they could find a problem with the car. besides a wire shorting by it self is kind of hard to believe. I desperately need advice on this and thank you all in advance for the help

Thanks,
Miguel
Old 07-09-2007, 02:38 PM

W209 CLK
Do you have Bi-Xenon head lamps?

Check to see if your headlamps are OEM or aftermarket. Some aftermarket headlamps causes issues with the electrical systems.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:32 PM

yes, it does
Old 07-09-2007, 03:33 PM

they are ome