CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Model Change Guide & Spec/Option Sheet?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 04:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model Change Guide & Spec/Option Sheet?

Hello Everyone,

I'm considering buying a used W209 convertible. Right now I'm trying to do my research so I can get exactly what I want. I'm interested in 1) the changes between years and 2) the options that each year offers (including standard features)

I've looked at edmunds, which is a pretty poor resource. Wikipedia helps, but i question its accuracy.

Any one know of any resources that have exactly what I'm looking for? If not, any that will help? I wouldn't mind being the one to start compiling a guide (I can probably only afford 2004 or 2005 model years, so I'll do those).

-Kurt
Old 08-09-2007, 12:03 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 CLK320
I would definitely go with a 2005 model over a 2004. This is when Mercedes upgraded to the DVD based Navigation system and changed the center stack console. Much nicer look to the interior. Prices have been getting pretty low as well (I've been researching since I'm selling mine soon). I've seen them in the low 30K's and max out around 40K. Most of the options have stayed the same, but some notable ones are Keyless Go (very useful and cool), Parktronic, & DVD Nav of course. The Ventilated seats would be great if it worked as well as Lexus'. But unfortunately Mercedes made it pretty weak and useless. Multicontour seat is a neat option but not extremely useful. I hardly ever use the CD changer since I have the ipod connector. Thats $500 I wish I had back.