CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Clk horsepower help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 10:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Clk 430
Clk horsepower help

Hey I own a clk 430 and i was thinking about putting an ECU in it but i want to gain about 40 horsepower and i was wondering what else i could put in my car to help me gain the horsepower.
Old 10-13-2007, 03:52 AM

Garage Temporarily Empty
Speedtuningusa.com helped my car. gave me 20hp. No bull......
Old 10-14-2007, 06:05 PM

BENZ
most mods wont give you squat... go nos
Old 10-14-2007, 07:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by BrianKim
most mods wont give you squat... go nos

I also used speetuningusa.com and got some pretty decent results. It won't be enough to take your car to 55 levels, but you will feel the difference and it makes the car a bit more enjoyable. For a major hp jump, you need forced induction: either supercharger, turbocharger, or N2O.

Headers are very expensive and won't give you the gains you're hoping for. Evo underdrive pulleys seem like more trouble than they're worth. Green or K&N filters are nice but I doubt they give more than 5hp. From my butt dyno, I felt like my eisenmann exhaust helped the car out a little bit on the top end.

Enjoy your car...btw, you should post on the w208 forums.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:47 PM

11 E550 Cabriolet
I would suggest taking a look at Kleemann. Many folks on this board have done Kleemann mods with very positive results. If your in the NY Metro area you can check out RPM Racing http://www.rpmracinginc.com/index2.html. They're a sponsor of this site and nice guys to boot.

Thinking of doing a Stage 2 upgrade myself which includes a supercharger and ECU upgrade on my CLK500 when warranty is up. According to Kleemann and RPM racing this upgrade is good for 500 hp and 490 lbs ft torque On your CLK430 you'd get about 455 hp and 447 lbs ft torque.

If you in or near Colorado you go directly to Kleemann for purchase and installation. Ck out www.kleemannusa.com

Last edited by rhampar; 10-17-2007 at 08:50 PM.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:26 PM

2000 C230 Kompressor Sport
Originally Posted by rhampar
I would suggest taking a look at Kleemann. Many folks on this board have done Kleemann mods with very positive results. If your in the NY Metro area you can check out RPM Racing http://www.rpmracinginc.com/index2.html. They're a sponsor of this site and nice guys to boot.

Thinking of doing a Stage 2 upgrade myself which includes a supercharger and ECU upgrade on my CLK500 when warranty is up. According to Kleemann and RPM racing this upgrade is good for 500 hp and 490 lbs ft torque On your CLK430 you'd get about 455 hp and 447 lbs ft torque.

If you in or near Colorado you go directly to Kleemann for purchase and installation. Ck out www.kleemannusa.com
Hey what if i live in south Florida. Where can i get a kleemann kit? Thanks
Old 10-18-2007, 07:49 AM
PTE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
05 ML-500 , 03 CLK5.5 AMG has left the Garage
CLK 500 Hp

Matty K. Please look at the threads I started (PTE)for the mods I did on my 03 CLK5.5AMG.. The reason Most of the responses you are getting are negative is , almost all the Quick & simple top eng bolt on Mods,can not show there full potental , That is because of the very restrictive exhaust manifolds. You can put it in ,but it can not get out! I already did it the hard way , ECU tune, air filters, Carbon fiber air box, underdrive pulleys. Something was holding the engine back. Well , I was already deep into the mods , So I sprung for the Kleemann Headers , along with the 200 cell cats. I did the install my self. Had a local shop weld in the new cats , then went directly to the Dyno. All I can say is WOW The ecu did not even have time to adapt. yet. I had a 25 rwhp increase & 34 ft lbs increase. You should get close & similiar results. My next mod was the Quaife posi unit. I had no way to hook up the additional HP to the road. The Quaife Fixed that!! > the last mod I did was the SLR (copy) cams. The dyno on all the mods was 342 RWHP & 360+ Ft Lbs torque, Thats about 427 engine HP. It's all there for the reading, Stay away from NOS. , Iwould say it is not IF , but when!! ___PTE___