CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

W209 CLK550 for tradein?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 11:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
W209 CLK550 for tradein?

Hey guys

I currently drive a C32 AMG and my warranty is up in August. I just brought my car in to be serviced and I was shocked to get such a nice loaner: a CLK 550. I was rather surprised when I hit the gas the first time to see what this thing was capable of.....WOW. that is all I am going to say

Now, it does not exactly handle like my C32. The suspension is kind of soft/mushy, at least compared to what I am coming from, though I have to say, in terms of straight line performance, I feel safe in saying that it feels faster than my car stock, though not sure about when I have my pullies on.

Does anyone one have 1/4 mile times or trap speeds on this car? I searched through this forum and google and didn't come up with anything good.

Also, what kind of performance modications can be done to these cars? It is just the usual intake, exhaust, and chip/ecu tune? Or is an aftermarket cam a possibility?

Thanks guys. I was initially planning on switching over to the 335i, but this "loaner" vehicle has me second guessing myself.