CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

04 CLK with Navi no sound out of the speakers, PLEASE HELP ME FELLAS!?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 08:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 CLK with Navi no sound out of the speakers, PLEASE HELP ME FELLAS!?!

Hey guys...today i purchased a 2004 CLK500 with a navi and AMG package....The car has a lot of miles, but i got a sweet deal on it, so couldnt resist....Now i am having doubts about the purchase....I have 3 days to return this vehicle to the owner...
The stereo navi display comes on, but the speakers dont put out the sound, it doesnt even beep when i scroll through the features....The only thing that comes to mind is a blown amp....
Is this a common problem, or an isolated case...What can it be, and how expensive can it get....I appreciate any input....

Last edited by tyzik; 09-12-2008 at 09:21 PM.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:18 PM

2014 GL450
It has happened to me a couple of times but it went away once the car was shut down and restarted; I think that this has happeded to others.
If your sound stays off it would be a different matter.
Old 09-12-2008, 05:59 PM
Almost a Member!

2003 clk 320
I know this might sound stupid but you can turn the volume up and down on the Navi it’s separate from the volume of the radio/CD. When I was using mine the volume was way down low. When the Navi is giving directions turn the volume up it will not affect the volume of the radio/CD. Give it a try it might be something as simple as that, it worked for me I don’t know if it’s a different command from the one in mine I have the 2003 CLK. Give it a go it might save you from removing the command unit.

Good luck.
Jim.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:31 PM

Where is the volume button for the navi at? I didnt get any books with this CLK Jim, when the volume on the navi was turned down, were u still getting the sound out of the radio?Thanx

Originally Posted by oorjim
I know this might sound stupid but you can turn the volume up and down on the Navi it’s separate from the volume of the radio/CD. When I was using mine the volume was way down low. When the Navi is giving directions turn the volume up it will not affect the volume of the radio/CD. Give it a try it might be something as simple as that, it worked for me I don’t know if it’s a different command from the one in mine I have the 2003 CLK. Give it a go it might save you from removing the command unit.

Good luck.
Jim.

Last edited by tyzik; 09-12-2008 at 08:54 PM.
Old 09-13-2008, 01:51 AM
eub

shut the car off, remove the fuse for the amplifer, wait 5 minutes, put fuse back, start the car. it should work again.

happened to me alot on my '06. the dealer "couldn't find anything wrong with it."

good luck (of course this sort of assumes that nothing is in fact blown out, did it work when you drove the car off the lot)?
Old 09-13-2008, 09:56 AM
Almost a Member!

2003 clk 320
Originally Posted by tyzik
Where is the volume button for the navi at? I didnt get any books with this CLK Jim, when the volume on the navi was turned down, were u still getting the sound out of the radio?Thanx
When the volume for the Navi was turned down you still get the volume for the radio, as the Navi is giving verbal instructions just turn the volume button that you use for the radio volume. Before when it was giving instruction you could hardly hear it but when it was giving verbal instructions i.e. turn left turn right I turned the volume button up and the volume went up and it didn’t change the radio volume. Give it a go before you spend any money or rip the dash to bits.

Jim.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:38 AM

2008 CLK 350, 2005 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster
Here's a lesson to pass on...When you do your test drive...take your favorite custom CD to test the stereo....

We all have our own personal soundtracks!

Hope your got it worked out!
Old 09-15-2008, 07:30 PM

U know, i was consumed by checking all the main components like tansmission, engine, drivetrain, a/c, oil fluid leaks etc...that i didnt pay attention to the stereo...The display was working fine, but forgot to check the sound....Of course, its my wifes fault, she was rushing me....
One thing i noticed, its missing a cd changer from the glove compartment. Its a fully optioned model, so i called the Mercedes stealership and they pulled it up by the vin # and in fact it came with the cd changer from the factory...
I inspected the glove compartment a little further and there are wires hanging out of it.....Could a missing cd changer cause the no sound of the entire system? What do u guys think?

Originally Posted by eub
shut the car off, remove the fuse for the amplifer, wait 5 minutes, put fuse back, start the car. it should work again.

happened to me alot on my '06. the dealer "couldn't find anything wrong with it."

good luck (of course this sort of assumes that nothing is in fact blown out, did it work when you drove the car off the lot)?
Old 09-16-2008, 02:29 PM

2014 GL450
My car came with the 6CD changer in the glove compartment. When I took the CD changer out for more space the sound went out on the entire radio so I put the CD changer back in. I did not have the patience to research the settings to enable the CD changer to be removed without cutting the sound on the entire COMAND unit.
It is very likely that the same thing happened on your car when the seller took out the CD changer.