CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

New CLK500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 10:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK500
New CLK500

I just picked up an '05 CLK500 yesterday. I had wanted an '07 CLK550, but it was already sold (in one day). I saved a few grand on getting the older model (with less mileage) but i'd really like to at least make up that 80hp with the money.

I have a Kleeman dealer about an hour away from me. Anyone go that route and if so, what kind of gains did you get for the money? I'd like to do things in stages to get used to the power and not have the car out of duty for too long in one shot. I'd like to be able to get it to 500hp over the next year or two.

The second thing i want to do is change the front/rear bumper rather than have them sprayed again (parking chips and scratches). I don't want to do the AMG kit because i don't have an AMG and aren't pretending i do. Looking for something a little more unique since there are tons of MB and BMW's around here.

P.S. I'll load up some pics of the new ride, but until then, what's the name of the color thats almost a silver, but with a little champagne to it?
Old 02-15-2009, 11:12 AM

Hey congrats, I also have my eye on a clk500 05' right now. If you dont mind me asking can you tell me what you paid, mileage etc? thanks
Old 02-15-2009, 02:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLK500 SPORT
Originally Posted by miketrains03
I just picked up an '05 CLK500 yesterday. I had wanted an '07 CLK550, but it was already sold (in one day). I saved a few grand on getting the older model (with less mileage) but i'd really like to at least make up that 80hp with the money.

I have a Kleeman dealer about an hour away from me. Anyone go that route and if so, what kind of gains did you get for the money? I'd like to do things in stages to get used to the power and not have the car out of duty for too long in one shot. I'd like to be able to get it to 500hp over the next year or two.

The second thing i want to do is change the front/rear bumper rather than have them sprayed again (parking chips and scratches). I don't want to do the AMG kit because i don't have an AMG and aren't pretending i do. Looking for something a little more unique since there are tons of MB and BMW's around here.

P.S. I'll load up some pics of the new ride, but until then, what's the name of the color thats almost a silver, but with a little champagne to it?
congrats on the car, i would go with a kleemann supercharger if you are looking at that kind of power....the color is pewter i think
Old 02-16-2009, 07:53 AM

CLK500
I wound up paying $22,900 plus tax, document fees, etc. '05 with 33k front n rear bumper could use a spray from parking scratches. no heated seats, no adjustable driver seat, no parking sensors, no paddle shifters, no integrated phone but has amg wheels which i think were a kit.

As for the kleemann supercharger, i'm sure it may be a little too much for me to do right now but what are other supporting mods that are good to do before that that? I don't want to do anything thats going to end up being replaced later on.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Corrolla
I wound up paying $22,900 plus tax, document fees, etc. '05 with 33k front n rear bumper could use a spray from parking scratches. no heated seats, no adjustable driver seat, no parking sensors, no paddle shifters, no integrated phone but has amg wheels which i think were a kit.

As for the kleemann supercharger, i'm sure it may be a little too much for me to do right now but what are other supporting mods that are good to do before that that? I don't want to do anything thats going to end up being replaced later on.
Thats the only way u can do (supercharger) if you want another 200 hp more. Headers + ECU tuning might give u another 30 or 50 hp maybe ? but thats it.
Old 02-16-2009, 05:49 PM

CLK500
I realize that, but I don't need to do it all at once. I'd be interested in doing ECU, intake, headers, exhaust, and whatever else there is before supercharging it.

What are the most popular first mods for these?
Old 02-17-2009, 12:33 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
E55
theres also the evosport underdrive pulleys
Old 02-17-2009, 08:00 AM

CLK500
hey omar,

do you feel noticeable power enhancement with the upgrades you have? that's pretty much what i'm looking do to right now but maybe with cutouts instead of the exhaust kit. is the amg intake better than the aftermaket air boxes?
Old 02-17-2009, 08:11 AM

E55
hey omar,

do you feel noticeable power enhancement with the upgrades you have? that's pretty much what i'm looking do to right now but maybe with cutouts instead of the exhaust kit. is the amg intake better than the aftermaket air boxes?

i do feel noticeable power diff with my mods, to be honest, the torque and power feels the same as the clk55 i test drove once, if not more, they both push me back in my seat when i step on the gas, im ordering my sprintboosters soon and i think tht'll top off my mods for the clk. the amg intake i got is the one off the clk55 non compressor version n doesnt make a big diff, but i just ordered the compressor amg box n it should be today. i was told it gives 9rwhp. the best boxes out are the renntechh and the compressor amg intake
Old 02-17-2009, 01:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Suzuki Burgman Executive
italian stalian has a 100 wet shot so thats another 100hp
Old 02-17-2009, 05:55 PM

CLK 500
pewter
Old 02-17-2009, 11:19 PM

CLK500
what is the difference price and performance wise between the sc amg box and the renntech? i'd like to do one of those and the exhaust to get started.

is there any downside to doing electric cutouts?

also, anyone got pics of a pewter clk with cf lip, diffuser, and spoiler?
Old 02-17-2009, 11:39 PM

E55
what is the difference price and performance wise between the sc amg box and the renntech? i'd like to do one of those and the exhaust to get started.

is there any downside to doing electric cutouts?

also, anyone got pics of a pewter clk with cf lip, diffuser, and spoiler?
list price for the amg parts was around 6-700 dollars from the dealer and i was told u get 9 rwhp, renntech u cn buy from renntech, but only as a ecu package and i think it runs around 3,000, but you can by used from some members on this site including me from 6-800 dollars. i dont remember how much the power is for the renntech, mb sum1 else cn answer tht. Wot is an electric cutout, i keep hearing about these
Old 02-17-2009, 11:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLK500 SPORT
Originally Posted by omar26
list price for the amg parts was around 6-700 dollars from the dealer and i was told u get 9 rwhp, renntech u cn buy from renntech, but only as a ecu package and i think it runs around 3,000, but you can by used from some members on this site including me from 6-800 dollars. i dont remember how much the power is for the renntech, mb sum1 else cn answer tht. Wot is an electric cutout, i keep hearing about these
an electric cut out goes on the exhaust and when you want (straight pipes)no mufflers the valve opens and every thing goes out the bottom and not the mufflers
Old 02-18-2009, 06:30 PM

CLK500
Yeah, usually you dump them as close to the headers as you can manage. I'm just wondering if they're going to mess up such a finely tuned engine. Maybe they can be dumped after whatever sensors are on the exhaust.

Then you're just stuck with whether or not having little or no back pressure is a good thing for a benz. I'm new to the german cars, so if someone could shed some light....