CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Pics from dual to quad exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 08:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Corrolla
[QUOTE=Klinh;3422714]
Originally Posted by chrislis
For me personally like I stated I would rather go with an OEM bumper that is absolutely made for the purpose we're trying to achieve here, a quad exhaust. I do understand the word custom by the way so don't think I'm bashing you, just some notes I took.
QUOTE]

I would too If it make sense to do it when it come to $$$. So I'm guessing.............you would rather buy the CLK 55 factory quad exhaust bumper for $700-$800 plus paint instead of a $25 job to cut out the hole on your bumper. And would also rather spend around $3000 for a real factory AMG quad exhaust, spare tube tire, exhaust heat shiled, glue......etc. plus about $1000 for labor for the sake of getting it to look 100% like factory. If you said "YES"...........then you got money to throw away. It only cost me less then $500 VS $4500-$5000 for the real thing. If it still make sense for the sake of being "REAL"......then why don't just buy a real Clk 55 w'quad exhaust? Btw, his car is a Clk 320 with only a rear AMG bumper and not the rest of the AMG body parts like side panel, AMG front bumper..etc. would like silly !!
+1
Old 03-21-2009, 08:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 CLK500
it has nothing to do with it being a real amg car honestly. it has everything to do with what my personal opinion is. i would honestly rather yes spend the money on the rear bumper. i have my own guy in orlando who i work with when it comes to exhaust and tuning so i just go there for anything like that since he's done work on all of my cars. and i might have some money that i do throw around dont get me wrong but i choose what to do with my money just based off what i think is the best option quality wise. i get my cars wholesale but mainly i only buy something clean and original. you cant really go throwing out why dont you buy real AMG. honestly, i havent seen a CLK55 AMG come through the auction that hasn't been beat to crap lately. plus, i dont need all the power like the AMG offers. and the quad exhaust to me has nothing to do with it being AMG look a like, i just enjoy the way it tucks under the rear bumper and fits the cars lines. if the single exhaust looked solid with the lines i would upgrade to a dual exhaust single exit no doubt about it, and the simplicity would be there.

really man i dont mean to come down on anyone and i dont want you to take it that way that i am. but im not the type to "cut corners" to save money. thats just me. i look at cars all day, talk to customers all day, and i know the day it comes to sell my car if i have a cut out exhaust hole its a lot different than if i have an original oem part on it. this is fact. i'd rather spend a few hundred on the oem bumper, with the proper heat shield, knowing this is the way it is meant to be.

i dont know, im done. maybe someone else can back me up here but this is my personal opinion. im not going to defend myself, but everyone has their own way to do things. you like to spend less in an efficient manner, and i like to spend a little more in an efficient manner. there is no one way that is right or wrong, it is just whatever works best to YOUR opinion. you build your car for yourself and no one else. so im just giving insight. and i started off just saying "im suprised i dont see anyone running the actual 2005 and up CLK55 AMG rear bumper." to think, it opens up discussion, thats what these forums are for.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Corrolla
Yo Chris,

YOu really dont need anyone to back u up man...its not a big deal ...Im posting a pics just to want share with you guys and thats what is for. I know you didnt mean like that but hey like u said everyone has their own opinion I totally agree..All im saying just do whatever float your boat and maybe the whole set up didnt look right to u but thats all I can afford right now and it looks good enough to me at least. Hopefully some day I can buy the REAL ///AMG so I dont have to mess with those things again.

Andy

it has nothing to do with it being a real amg car honestly. it has everything to do with what my personal opinion is. i would honestly rather yes spend the money on the rear bumper. i have my own guy in orlando who i work with when it comes to exhaust and tuning so i just go there for anything like that since he's done work on all of my cars. and i might have some money that i do throw around dont get me wrong but i choose what to do with my money just based off what i think is the best option quality wise. i get my cars wholesale but mainly i only buy something clean and original. you cant really go throwing out why dont you buy real AMG. honestly, i havent seen a CLK55 AMG come through the auction that hasn't been beat to crap lately. plus, i dont need all the power like the AMG offers. and the quad exhaust to me has nothing to do with it being AMG look a like, i just enjoy the way it tucks under the rear bumper and fits the cars lines. if the single exhaust looked solid with the lines i would upgrade to a dual exhaust single exit no doubt about it, and the simplicity would be there.

really man i dont mean to come down on anyone and i dont want you to take it that way that i am. but im not the type to "cut corners" to save money. thats just me. i look at cars all day, talk to customers all day, and i know the day it comes to sell my car if i have a cut out exhaust hole its a lot different than if i have an original oem part on it. this is fact. i'd rather spend a few hundred on the oem bumper, with the proper heat shield, knowing this is the way it is meant to be.

i dont know, im done. maybe someone else can back me up here but this is my personal opinion. im not going to defend myself, but everyone has their own way to do things. you like to spend less in an efficient manner, and i like to spend a little more in an efficient manner. there is no one way that is right or wrong, it is just whatever works best to YOUR opinion. you build your car for yourself and no one else. so im just giving insight. and i started off just saying "im suprised i dont see anyone running the actual 2005 and up CLK55 AMG rear bumper." to think, it opens up discussion, thats what these forums are for.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 149 Likes on 123 Posts
C63s Cabriolet, BMW M4, Civic

cool.......let move on.
Old 03-22-2009, 12:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Corrolla
Klinh,

What kind of pad size (thicker or thinner) did u use for your Rear??

Andy
Old 03-22-2009, 12:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by M-bENZ
Klinh,

What kind of pad size (thicker or thinner) did u use for your Rear??

Andy

This will be my 3 times telling people what pads i used with my set-up. Originally, I used the my stock pads (#4) and it was perfect even fender gap. I then changed it to #2 pads after installed the Euroteck carbon fiber lip because the lip cause alot down force weigh to the front.
Old 03-22-2009, 06:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Corrolla
Originally Posted by Klinh
This will be my 3 times telling people what pads i used with my set-up. Originally, I used the my stock pads (#4) and it was perfect even fender gap. I then changed it to #2 pads after installed the Euroteck carbon fiber lip because the lip cause alot down force weigh to the front.
lol got u.
Old 03-24-2009, 03:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yo Momma
looks great andy...
Old 03-24-2009, 03:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pick up
Very good and nice job with that...
Old 03-24-2009, 11:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Corrolla
Originally Posted by ZEEK
looks great andy...
Thanks ZEEK...have u find any good deal on those shocks lately ? Pm me. and dude u need to clear out some of your PM messages lolz.

Andy

Last edited by M-bENZ; 03-24-2009 at 12:33 PM.
Old 03-25-2009, 05:21 AM

CLS400 4Matic 2016 / ML 350 2009 / clk 320 w209 sold/ sl 500 1996 sold/ cls550 2008 sold
very nice work

congrats andy...
Old 03-25-2009, 10:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Corrolla
Originally Posted by michoblb
very nice work

congrats andy...
Thanks bro.

Andy
Old 03-25-2009, 12:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

looks great andy...

You got mail. Btw, your mail box is full.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yo Momma
hey guys, sorry i have been mia for a little while. Ill be back soon though . I replied to your emails
Old 03-26-2009, 12:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I replied to your emails
I didn't get !!!
Old 03-26-2009, 03:49 PM

W209 - 2004 CLK 320
Your set-up looks kleen M-benz!! I'm planning to do mine soon to.

Last edited by OcangCLK; 03-26-2009 at 11:14 PM.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Corrolla
Originally Posted by OcangCLK
You're set-up looks kleen M-benz!! I'm planning to do mine soon to.
Thanks man ....check your other thread about your Kenwood set up. I like to know that too.

Andy
Old 03-26-2009, 07:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 CLK 55 AMG, IMCO muffler/Magnaflow tips, KW V1 coilovers, 19" Petrol Metrix Wheels
dude your exhaust set-up looks pretty good. now take off those silly looking mudflaps.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by AMGOODNESS
dude your exhaust set-up looks pretty good. now take off those silly looking mudflaps.

Good eyes dude !!! I don't think anyone here notices it excepted you. I agreed,
Old 03-26-2009, 09:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Corrolla
Originally Posted by AMGOODNESS
Thanks and the mudflaps might look silly to u but it helps alot from dirt and sh**t like that to the rear bumper so yea. im gona keep it .

Andy
Old 03-26-2009, 09:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by M-bENZ
Thanks and the mudflaps might look silly to u but it helps alot from dirt and sh**t like that to the rear bumper so yea. im gona keep it .Andy

Lol....yeah dude !!! It F##$ck his car so he put what ever he want on his car. (J/K).
Old 03-26-2009, 09:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Corrolla
Originally Posted by Klinh
Lol....yeah dude !!! It F##$ck his car so he put what ever he want on his car. (J/K).
Cmon dude I didnt mean like that but im just saying those things are helped thats all..why u gota be like that man ? lol

Andy