CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Pics from dual to quad exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 12:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Corrolla
Pics from dual to quad exhaust

Hey guys I used have to have the dual but then I dont like it so I change to quad exhaust and just got it done today...i'm happy with the result and special thanks to ZEEK one of our members here for telling where to get the tips . What u guys think ??

Here are some pics.

Andy

Last edited by M-bENZ; 03-23-2009 at 12:05 AM.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 CLK500
Looks clean, Andy. Did you go to a bodyshop to cut the bumper and what muffler do you have now?
Old 03-21-2009, 12:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Corrolla
Originally Posted by coin
Looks clean, Andy. Did you go to a bodyshop to cut the bumper and what muffler do you have now?
Thanks Coin...I went to one of the local bodyshop here and tell them to cut it. They only charged me $60 im sure that pretty cheap right ?? The mufller that im using is magnaflow and I used to have the dual exhaust with ///AMG tips but it didnt turn out great ...Anyway, the whole set up is cost me $600 that for the first set up (dual) and now I change to quad so I only have to buy the different tips which I have now (quad)...The final cost is $700 for the quad one.

Andy
Old 03-21-2009, 01:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 c300
Very nice Andy!
Old 03-21-2009, 01:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Corrolla
Originally Posted by mdniteangel
Very nice Andy!
Thanks "baby blue" hahaha

Andy
Old 03-21-2009, 01:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 149 Likes on 123 Posts
C63s Cabriolet, BMW M4, Civic
You should have goes the other route by placing your muffler where the factory resonator then 2 pipes out from the muffler to the back with quad tips. The way they did your look like a single pipe out to like a U-pipe with one side has the muffle and the other with no muffler. You can't see it anyway when the car is drop.
Old 03-21-2009, 01:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Corrolla
Originally Posted by Klinh
You should have goes the other route by placing your muffler where the factory resonator then 2 pipes out from the muffler to the back with quad tips. The way they did your look like a single pipe out to like a U-pipe with one side has the muffle and the other with no muffler. You can't see it anyway when the car is drop.
I was thinking about that route too but its too late now lolz...Dont wana spend another $700 for that set up again..I like yyour car the way it dropped...looking good brothaa. oh yea. I have my springs in my room right now...just waiting on Monday to get that boy Slam lol.

Andy

Trending Topics

Old 03-21-2009, 01:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

So what pads are you going with your set-up? Decide now and save $$$$$
Old 03-21-2009, 01:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I think it would look nicer if you paint your muffler black (like i did on mine) so it would look even both side from behind. And also paint your lower bumper black too to give it a rear diffuser look. What do you think.
Old 03-21-2009, 01:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Corrolla
I think it would look nicer if you paint your muffler black (like i did on mine) so it would look even both side from behind. And also paint your lower bumper black too to give it a rear diffuser look. What do you think.
dude are we twin or some?? I was thinking the samething lol cause when stand in the back I can see the muffler and it didnt look good at all so yea..How about if I wrap the lower part with cf vinyl...u think it looks better that way ???
Old 03-21-2009, 02:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

lol.......mod people think a like. Yes, wrap is a better way. You can alway remove it if you don't like.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Corrolla
lol.......mod people think a like. Yes, wrap is a better way. You can alway remove it if you don't like.
sure I will do that. For the pad sizes which one should i use? any suggestion?? What I have is the Eibach SPrings.

Andy
Old 03-21-2009, 02:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by M-bENZ
sure I will do that. For the pad sizes which one should i use? any suggestion?? What I have is the Eibach SPrings.

Andy

Mine is a convertible and so it more rear heavier then your. What the spec. on your spring front and rear?
Old 03-21-2009, 04:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Supercharged CLK500 & ML500
Very Clean! I don't have quad exhaust yet, but when I do, those would be the tips I would get.
Old 03-21-2009, 01:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLK500 SPORT
something about it doesn't look right....it think it the way the bumper cut outs are.....they (tips)just don't seam to fit the hole right.......do you have any pics of the other set up
Old 03-21-2009, 02:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Corrolla
Originally Posted by Flame3g
something about it doesn't look right....it think it the way the bumper cut outs are.....they (tips)just don't seam to fit the hole right.......do you have any pics of the other set up
I know exactly what u thinking...u are right the looks right now is like 98% fit because what I had b4 was the dual and now since I ddint like it I changed to quad thats why it didnt look right to u but that is not big a deal because I can go to body shop and tell them to cut the hole alittle bit wider then I will fit perfectly. Let me try to find the pics with the dual setup then I will post it here.

Klinh, the spec. says 1.2 f and 1.2 r just exactly like the one Tirerack selling it (Eibrach Pro cut)...so do u think i should use pad #2 (thicker) cause I dont want the rear lower than the front that look kinda weird lol.

Andy
Old 03-21-2009, 03:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by M-bENZ
Klinh, the spec. says 1.2 f and 1.2 r just exactly like the one Tirerack selling it (Eibrach Pro cut)...so do u think i should use pad #2 (thicker) cause I dont want the rear lower than the front that look kinda weird lol. Andy

Since the factory front fender gap are bigger then the rear and the Eibach spring drop 1.2" evenly front and back, if any change of the pad, you would need to goes with one size thicker pad then stock (not thinner) to get that even fender gap. Try out with stock pad first. If I were you, find out what your stock sizes and buy one size thicker and one size thinner then your stock pad and have it when you install your spring and do the change if need. Change out the pad only take about 5 mins each side if car is on the lift.
Old 03-21-2009, 04:22 PM

2005 CLK500
i love the quad exhaust look and everything... but for some reason it doesnt look to be sitting right on this car. and i think its only because im used to seeing the blacked out mid section of the bumper? its possible. also, for all the quad exhausts i do see im suprised i dont see anyone running the actual 2005 and up CLK55 AMG rear bumper with the quad exhaust cut outs already in tact from the factory.

hmm. thats just me though.
Old 03-21-2009, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by chrislis
im suprised i dont see anyone running the actual 2005 and up CLK55 AMG rear bumper with the quad exhaust cut outs already in tact from the factory. hmm. thats just me though.

Why would you want to spend $$$$ for the exact same bumper with an extra hole on the right when you can just cut it out? Here's mine.....

https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class...il-lights.html
Old 03-21-2009, 05:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Corrolla
i love the quad exhaust look and everything... but for some reason it doesnt look to be sitting right on this car. and i think its only because im used to seeing the blacked out mid section of the bumper? its possible. also, for all the quad exhausts i do see im suprised i dont see anyone running the actual 2005 and up CLK55 AMG rear bumper with the quad exhaust cut outs already in tact from the factory.

Let me tell u why it didnt look right because i didnt cut the hole for the quad exhaust AT THE BEGINNING with the dual set up plus I dont have the AMG bumper because mine is CLK 320...and if u read the post that I mentioned above it is not a big deal cause I can go to the body shop and tell them to cute the hole alittle bit wider just like your car CLK 500 has....FOr the mid section of the bumper like Klinh and I agreed to wrap that with cf vinyl I will keep u guys posted when I get it done..give me some time bro. lol thats why we called "CUSTOM" .

Andy
Old 03-21-2009, 05:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Corrolla
Since the factory front fender gap are bigger then the rear and the Eibach spring drop 1.2" evenly front and back, if any change of the pad, you would need to goes with one size thicker pad then stock (not thinner) to get that even fender gap. Try out with stock pad first. If I were you, find out what your stock sizes and buy one size thicker and one size thinner then your stock pad and have it when you install your spring and do the change if need. Change out the pad only take about 5 mins each side if car is on the lift.
DO u have any pics of those pad I have no clue whats looks like ?? how about the one u used ?? is it thicker or thinner ? and do u remember what size??

Thanks,

Andy
Old 03-21-2009, 05:34 PM

2005 CLK500
Why would you want to spend $$$$ for the exact same bumper with an extra hole on the right when you can just cut it out? Here's mine.....

https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class...il-lights.html
It depends on the person I guess. I know that some places will do a great job dont get me wrong I have seen TONS of custom work done excellent. For me personally like I stated I would rather go with an OEM bumper that is absolutely made for the purpose we're trying to achieve here, a quad exhaust. I do understand the word custom by the way so don't think I'm bashing you, just some notes I took.

If I were you I would work on getting that mid piece wrapped like you're planning. Look into the CF vinyl and let me know how it looks, I'm doing my roof and spoiler gloss black only because I'm scared of a CF wrap looking tacky so take your time picking out your vinyl and make sure you get a good quality and nicely layed down design for it. Remember if you are going to apply any more CF to the car you're going to want the weaves the same directions, etc etc.

The tips look nice too, the car looks to be coming along nicely. I'm not a huge chrome fan but I'm sure once you get more done to it like we discuss it will turn out nicely. Keep it up with good ideas.
Old 03-21-2009, 05:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Corrolla
oh its kool if I mind then I never post any pics on here so yea I will upate for the mid section of the bumper but I believe it will takes sometime for me to choose the good quality one ....do u have any idea where I can find one ?? Wait if I remembered right you did lower your with Eibach right ?? what kind of pad did u use (thicker or thinner) ?? still remember ??

Andy

It depends on the person I guess. I know that some places will do a great job dont get me wrong I have seen TONS of custom work done excellent. For me personally like I stated I would rather go with an OEM bumper that is absolutely made for the purpose we're trying to achieve here, a quad exhaust. I do understand the word custom by the way so don't think I'm bashing you, just some notes I took.

If I were you I would work on getting that mid piece wrapped like you're planning. Look into the CF vinyl and let me know how it looks, I'm doing my roof and spoiler gloss black only because I'm scared of a CF wrap looking tacky so take your time picking out your vinyl and make sure you get a good quality and nicely layed down design for it. Remember if you are going to apply any more CF to the car you're going to want the weaves the same directions, etc etc.

The tips look nice too, the car looks to be coming along nicely. I'm not a huge chrome fan but I'm sure once you get more done to it like we discuss it will turn out nicely. Keep it up with good ideas.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
2018 E43 | 2017 GLS450 | 2004 CLK 500

That's a good idea....
Old 03-21-2009, 07:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

[QUOTE=chrislis;3422533] For me personally like I stated I would rather go with an OEM bumper that is absolutely made for the purpose we're trying to achieve here, a quad exhaust. I do understand the word custom by the way so don't think I'm bashing you, just some notes I took.
QUOTE]

I would too If it make sense to do it when it come to $$$. So I'm guessing.............you would rather buy the CLK 55 factory quad exhaust bumper for $700-$800 plus paint instead of a $25 job to cut out the hole on your bumper. And would also rather spend around $3000 for a real factory AMG quad exhaust, spare tube tire, exhaust heat shiled, glue......etc. plus about $1000 for labor for the sake of getting it to look 100% like factory. If you said "YES"...........then you got money to throw away. It only cost me less then $500 VS $4500-$5000 for the real thing. If it still make sense for the sake of being "REAL"......then why don't just buy a real Clk 55 w'quad exhaust? Btw, his car is a Clk 320 with only a rear AMG bumper and not the rest of the AMG body parts like side panel, AMG front bumper..etc. would look silly !!

Last edited by Klinh; 03-21-2009 at 11:44 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pics from dual to quad exhaust