CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

WHAT IS BEST COLOR COMBO FOR CLK CABRIOLET?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 03:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63
more blk/blk

https://mbworld.org/forums/clk55-amg...s-weekend.html
Old 04-14-2009, 03:22 PM

08 ML350
Thanks-it looks great. Opposite ends of the spectrum....by hook or by crook I'll figure it out.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:06 PM
Almost a Member!

C220d Estate Avantgarde, Obsidium black, command, factory tint. MB CLK240 Iolith Blue / Pebble-Gone
Unhappy

Originally Posted by theteeman
hey Maxy, I hope she at least lets you drive it sometimes. I have to agree with you.... Elena go for the change.
I might have a bit to say about the choice of colour but it stops there. I dont know if its passive unconscious resistance but whatever it is I do know that I never get to drive her wheels. https://mbworld.org/forums/images/icons/icon9.gif

ES - If its like it is over here dealers will mainly have just silver & black on the floor. They wont take the chance of having a car with an out of the mainstream (some unkind persons could say herd) colour and having to pay floorplan on it if it moves a bit slowly. I had to wait 6 months for our iolith blue clk while they made it and shipped it. It wont be that long for you but will the delay cause you to get a build date very very late in the year. Probably doesnt matter if your on a good program (guaranteed buyback price) but over here that is only offered on BMW's. The other aspect is that the ordered motor might not arrive until after your handback date and as your not a mainstream purchaser you should avoid that situation (if it is the situation at all).

do you have to put snow tyres on over on the east coast?? I wouldnt want them changing tyres on my car every winter - especially your car TM. I would have to stand and watch every move in case they scratched the rim.

Cheers
Maxy
Old 04-14-2009, 06:11 PM
Almost a Member!

C220d Estate Avantgarde, Obsidium black, command, factory tint. MB CLK240 Iolith Blue / Pebble-Gone
Great looking car. Must go like a rocket.

Maxy
Old 04-14-2009, 07:39 PM

08 ML350
Maxy, I'm not super concerned about snow since I also have an ML350. With the new E taking over the CLK not sure if they are still producing where I can order custom? I think they stopped production on coupes but maybe still ok on cabriolet?
Old 04-15-2009, 10:59 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 C300 Cabriolet
the new E cabriolet that is replacing the CLK

here is a picture of the new CLK for anyone interested
https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class-w209/289395-what-best-color-combo-clk-cabriolet-new-post.html
Old 04-16-2009, 06:31 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by elenaschwartz
Maxy, I'm not super concerned about snow since I also have an ML350. With the new E taking over the CLK not sure if they are still producing where I can order custom? I think they stopped production on coupes but maybe still ok on cabriolet?
Hi ES,

So my understanding is that u r going to get your cab from existing stocks. If only Aus had your kind of a market over here. Here there would be zero chance of getting proposed colour combo. Must say you do have patience i am more of a see and I have to get type of guy (basically the same as when i was three). Your dealer should be able to tell you whether any more stocks are coming in and what stocks of your colour combo there are. The other bugbear I have is that although I am not allowed to drive the Mrs. car she kindly lets me clean it for her. Extending along the interior at the bottom of both doors is a fabric which scuffs easily with 11 y/o's rugby boots. I know rugby is not big in the States but you do have shoes so ensure whatever interior you get that this fabric is dark coloured.

Teeman if yours is grey I use "white spirits" to get marks off. As it is a spirit (looks clear like mentholated spirits / mineral turpentine as in transparent but its different) there is absolutely no residue and great to get all those scuff marks off the cloth and roof liner (though you wont have any problems in that compartment). I think its called Mineral spirits over your way and because its a solvent usually available from Hardware or paint shops etc. Get a soft white cloth pour a bit on and do a very small spot in an out of the way place first to check for colourfastness (its fine with my beige). When it dries up its magic as there is absolutely no residue. Kind of moderately rub it in, in the direction of the lines in the fabric (both ways horizontally and then vertically) dont do a circular action. Trust me you will never cringe at a wayward boot again!!

Teeman - there was a problem with your cut/paste of the new e coupe (which I think it may be known as). I wonder if the new coupe will be a four seater like ours?? I doubt that they will throw a bench seat into the back. Hopefully they will change the surface used in the open storage section compartment separating the two rear seats oh and the material in the sections at opposite ends of the rear seat also. This may not extent to anyone other than beige interior owners but it drives me nuts trying to keep these areas clean.

Cheers
Maxy
Old 04-16-2009, 07:55 PM

2019 C300 Cabriolet
my color

Hey Max , I have the cadet blue not silver.. it is too bad they discontinued that color

thanks for the tip on the fabric cleaner..

retry that link it works for me. maybe you didnt copy all of it. it is the new cabrio not the coup. I have seen the new coup online I think I googled 2010 E coupe.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:13 PM

08 ML350
yes, dealer has shown me what's available now and what's at VPC or on the water, etc. All the talk about scuffing, etc. is making me think a dark interior may be better now...I am usually have to get right away as well but I honestly am torn if I really want a 2 door car and on the color so it's a bit easier to put off now. However, warm weather is here today so getting antsy again.

Teeman, the link did not work for me either??
Old 04-17-2009, 04:25 AM

2019 C300 Cabriolet
the 2010 cabrio

Hey Elena Maxi. sorry the link didnt work I hope this does.
Elena it sounds like you are procrastinating...

Last edited by theteeman; 12-22-2013 at 08:01 PM.
Old 04-17-2009, 05:28 PM

08 ML350
no doubt-I am the Queen of Procrastination.

Like I said, my sales rep already told me the numbers aren't going to get worse. If anything better, so I am thinking of waiting til first week of May to see what happens on programs. This will be a 3rd car so it's not like I need to get it to replace another, etc. Days like today make me want to hustle out and do it though lol
Old 04-17-2009, 07:29 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by theteeman
Hey Elena Maxi. sorry the link didnt work I hope this does.
Elena it sounds like you are procrastinating...
Hi Teeman,

sorry when i mentioned grey i was typing in shorthand I meant grey interior which is darker than mine. just did a quick comparison between your photo's and this 2010. from the rear the most obvious changes are the rear lights, twin exhaust, a horizontal waist height line extending from halfway along the front guards, across the door and stopping in line with the rear end of the back window, then a second line about 18 inches below seems to run parallel and stops at the front portion of the rear wheel arch. A third line/mould is situated above the wheel arch, across the filler cap and stops at the foremost point of the rear lights. Summary, lines, lines and more lines. Intention i suppose is to portray movement (even when its standing still) essentially they have sported up the model. Be interesting to see what they do with the front headlights, I'm betting slimmer (same as the rear lights) maybe like a tear drop.

ES - my interior is called pebble beige which is very very light and marks very very very easily (hence my preoccupation with cleaning solvents). You would have no problems at all with the cap interior as the bottom of the doors appear in the photographs you provided are black fabric. The beige seats are a cinch to keep clean and the beige inserts on the doors dont get dirty. The steering wheel & centre console are black (charcoal whatever its called) as well. So no probs there. With the split interior you would get the looks without the worries of the care (that i have) - hence that is why we went black interior on the c estate notwithstanding the obsidium black exterior.

We are heading down the coast (in my volvo xc70) for a camping holiday for a week (it will rain for sure) of outsmarting the 'roos and possums from getting into the food (usually they win) So will be off the air for a while.

Cheers
Maxy