CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

WHAT IS BEST COLOR COMBO FOR CLK CABRIOLET?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 12:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 ML350
WHAT IS BEST COLOR COMBO FOR CLK CABRIOLET?

Considering leasing CLK350 or 550 Cabriolet. I always love Black/Black but thought the Black/Cap/Black looked great.

To be different, thought about Indium Grey (not sure which interior)--any thoughts on Indium Grey as color for this car? Don't see many pictures which makes me glad but a bit worried. Thanks
Old 03-26-2009, 01:34 PM

09clk350cabriiolet
I am a fan of black/black as well. Looks very streamlined and shows it off best IMHO.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:47 PM

2006 CLK350 Cabriolet
My 06 350 cab is Pewter / Black
I get lot's of positive comments on the Pewter color. It's definitely my favorite MB combination.

Originally Posted by elenaschwartz
Considering leasing CLK350 or 550 Cabriolet. I always love Black/Black but thought the Black/Cap/Black looked great.

To be different, thought about Indium Grey (not sure which interior)--any thoughts on Indium Grey as color for this car? Don't see many pictures which makes me glad but a bit worried. Thanks
Old 03-26-2009, 03:55 PM

08 ML350
Thanks. Yes, I like pewter too but was thinking the Indium Grey had even more of a smoky quality to it so would really look rich. Pewter is my 3rd and Steel Grey my 4th. (as of this minute anyway)
Old 03-26-2009, 07:37 PM

2005 CLK 500 cabriolet
I actually like the black/stone which is what I'm looking for. My G35 is diamond graphite/black so I'm a little tired of the black interior otherwise the black/black does look sharp.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:58 PM

R8 V10
iridium on cap is awesome!!!
Old 03-26-2009, 09:41 PM

08 ML350
So, it sounds like black/black is always good choice--but I have ML350 black/black. Not that I don't like it-I really do. I'm not a fan of the stone interior color dash, but no matter what I'm getting appearance so dash is black and contrast seats (unless black seats).

It's a lease so I'm not so worried about color for resale reasons, etc. I can't find an Indium on a lot around here though--that's the hard part. I kind of would like to see one (even a photo) but can't find one with capuccino/black interior like I'm thinking about.

Neighbor has white which is always nice but I don't love MB White for some reason. I know the grand edition is coming out any day now and love the Diamond White Metallic but the interior seems a little masculine with all the aluminum. I hate figuring out color. I waffled between black and white on my ML for weeks and finally pulled the trigger on black. And honestly, I'm glad I did. Any other thoughts as to favorite color combos as far as exterior, interior and top colors on cabriolets? Thanks for the input!
Old 03-27-2009, 04:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK500, E500, SC400
how about designo Mocha Black / designo stone combo like my car??? sweet huh
Old 03-27-2009, 12:21 PM

08 ML350
That sounds nice too-any photos? I actually stopped by dealership this AM and saw a white/capp/black top that was really sharp as well. I hate this part. Maybe I'll wait til Grand Edition comes in to be sure I don't like aluminum trim since the Diamond White would be really nice.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:01 AM

CLK63, CLK 55 kleemann, Nissan GTR N1
For the exterior Obsidian Black which is a metallic black that MB offer on their flagship car the CL is hard to beat. The plain blacks with the typical orange peal type finish just do not look right.
Old 04-11-2009, 10:57 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 C300 Cabriolet
best color

I like mine
Old 04-12-2009, 10:56 AM

CLK500 Cabrio 2005
When I was buying my 2005 CLK500 the only combo we looked for was the Alabaster white ext / stone leather int / black top. I love this color combo, and the leather never gets hot
Old 04-12-2009, 12:01 PM

2019 C300 Cabriolet
Originally Posted by dmxplicit1
When I was buying my 2005 CLK500 the only combo we looked for was the Alabaster white ext / stone leather int / black top. I love this color combo, and the leather never gets hot
that is a hot color I love that combination, I am a fanatic with my car and it would be too hard for me to keep it as clean and shiny as I do now.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:44 PM
Almost a Member!

C220d Estate Avantgarde, Obsidium black, command, factory tint. MB CLK240 Iolith Blue / Pebble-Gone
clk combo

Like the teeman I have clk Cadet blue (which is called Iolith in Australia) and its as much of a head today as when i collected it having gone through the process of where your at now (and my lease is coming up and i really DO NOT want to hand it back).

Now to your query, they had a couple of the Indium Grey E class's at the Sydney motor show with grey interior and that combo was fantastic. This is the best grey i have ever seen and current fav colour (next to cadet of course!!). over here we only have black, blue or beige roofs - so if your getting the capa/blk or stone / black interior I would go the black roof. Interiors a bit more tricky though i know browns/beige interiors are classic combo's for red / black cars but I'm not so sure about them with a grey and I just cannot remember seeing any. I cant picture what it would like.

I have on order for the Mrs. a obsidium black c class estate (stationwagon) avantgarde with sahara beige & black interior. Sahara is closest to stone. Its just that i cant picture in my mind what grey /cap/blac combo would look like. What does it say on the brochures as in, recommended/possible??

Sometimes choice can be so frustrating. Let us know what your final selection is.

Cheers
Maxy
Old 04-12-2009, 08:47 PM

2019 C300 Cabriolet
Originally Posted by Maxy
Like the teeman I have clk Cadet blue (which is called Iolith in Australia) and its as much of a head today as when i collected it having gone through the process of where your at now (and my lease is coming up and i really DO NOT want to hand it back).

Now to your query, they had a couple of the Indium Grey E class's at the Sydney motor show with grey interior and that combo was fantastic. This is the best grey i have ever seen and current fav colour (next to cadet of course!!). over here we only have black, blue or beige roofs - so if your getting the capa/blk or stone / black interior I would go the black roof. Interiors a bit more tricky though i know browns/beige interiors are classic combo's for red / black cars but I'm not so sure about them with a grey and I just cannot remember seeing any. I cant picture what it would like.

I have on order for the Mrs. a obsidium black c class estate (stationwagon) avantgarde with sahara beige & black interior. Sahara is closest to stone. Its just that i cant picture in my mind what grey /cap/blac combo would look like. What does it say on the brochures as in, recommended/possible??

Sometimes choice can be so frustrating. Let us know what your final selection is.

Cheers
Maxy

hey Maxi, I was so dissapointed when the discontinued the cadet blue or the iolith, you are right the car is definately a head turner. I hope you are enjoying yours as much as I do mine. yes, definately let us know which combo you go with and Maxy I am sure your wife will enjoy her new car
cheers mate
Steve
Old 04-13-2009, 05:14 PM

08 ML350
Thanks---yes Cadet is beautiful but not an option currently so it's out. Not a fan of Capri Blue (too navy). I found photos online of indium/cap/black....I think it's nice b/c the indium grey really has a brownish undertone more than grey right?

Last edited by elenaschwartz; 04-13-2009 at 05:21 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:37 PM

2019 C300 Cabriolet
Thanks---yes Cadet is beautiful but not an option currently so it's out. Not a fan of Capri Blue (too navy). I found photos online of indium/cap/black....I think it's nice b/c the indium grey really has a brownish undertone more than grey right?

Elena
that is hot. I love that color too. yes unfortunatley the cadet blue is discontinued. let us know if you get it. if so enjoy it, I am sure you will
Steve
Old 04-13-2009, 06:44 PM

08 ML350
Thanks Steve. I'm still torn between it and black. I'm pretty predictable with black for the past few years/cars. Thinking I'd like to change it up. The indium is going for more of a "pretty" look while the black is more of a "hot" look IMO lol. So you think cappuccino interior is okay with indium grey? I really don't think of indium as a grey so much as a sort of coffee color right?
Old 04-14-2009, 04:27 AM

2019 C300 Cabriolet
tough decision

Thanks Steve. I'm still torn between it and black. I'm pretty predictable with black for the past few years/cars. Thinking I'd like to change it up. The indium is going for more of a "pretty" look while the black is more of a "hot" look IMO lol. So you think cappuccino interior is okay with indium grey? I really don't think of indium as a grey so much as a sort of coffee color right?
either color looks great Elena, you cant go wrong with either.... hot vs pretty is a tough decision. the cappuccino interior is pretty. mine is grey, I kinda went that way. when are you looking to get the car??
Old 04-14-2009, 04:31 AM
Almost a Member!

C220d Estate Avantgarde, Obsidium black, command, factory tint. MB CLK240 Iolith Blue / Pebble-Gone
Hi ES,

OOeee great looking motor. that colour combo really works!! Really is a great contrast.

Perhaps the word, "bronze" undertones to the Indium grey might better describe it?? the dealer should be able to tell you if the paint code has bronze in it.

the photo second one down in your post depicting the front portion of the vehicle with the top down seems to have darker upholstery (or is it the flash being naughty) than the other pics. Thats not the cap with the others being stone - do you think?? Have you seen cap or a swatch of it?

Another good thing about it is that it has a whole black dash. Just something to be aware of (and avoid if at all possible) I dont like the top parts of the dash one colour with the bottom half another - double check re this if your considering the grey/black as i know that was one of the lesser reasons I (oops my wife) got the sahara beige / black on her new order c estate as the dash was wholly black.

There is also the question of wood/metal interior - I got (there i go again I mean the Mrs. got) black birds eye maple as depicted in your posted pics and which is the recommended wood with the sahara beige/black combo. the above is so close in tone I figure it would translate to cap/black int.

If you've had black for the last couple of motors go for a change and get the indium and figure out the interior later.

Cheers
Maxy
Old 04-14-2009, 04:42 AM

2019 C300 Cabriolet
Originally Posted by Maxy
Hi ES,

OOeee great looking motor. that colour combo really works!! Really is a great contrast.

Perhaps the word, "bronze" undertones to the Indium grey might better describe it?? the dealer should be able to tell you if the paint code has bronze in it.

the photo second one down in your post depicting the front portion of the vehicle with the top down seems to have darker upholstery (or is it the flash being naughty) than the other pics. Thats not the cap with the others being stone - do you think?? Have you seen cap or a swatch of it?

Another good thing about it is that it has a whole black dash. Just something to be aware of (and avoid if at all possible) I dont like the top parts of the dash one colour with the bottom half another - double check re this if your considering the grey/black as i know that was one of the lesser reasons I (oops my wife) got the sahara beige / black on her new order c estate as the dash was wholly black.

There is also the question of wood/metal interior - I got (there i go again I mean the Mrs. got) black birds eye maple as depicted in your posted pics and which is the recommended wood with the sahara beige/black combo. the above is so close in tone I figure it would translate to cap/black int.

If you've had black for the last couple of motors go for a change and get the indium and figure out the interior later.

Cheers
Maxy
hey Maxy, I hope she at least lets you drive it sometimes. I have to agree with you.... Elena go for the change.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:13 PM

08 ML350
Yes they are all the same-Cappuccino interior and yes, I agree, Bronze undertones is the perfect explanation. Unfortunately the closest indium is in Maryland and I'm in NJ so I can't see it in person but those photos are a pretty decent representation. Our local dealer has an indium CLS on the floor (not good on the CLS) but like it on the E.

I definitely want cappuccino interior b/c I like the black dash, mats, etc. and don't like the tan/brown dash that comes with stone. Definitely without a doubt getting two tone if I go with cappuccino. Black of course, again, is always a non issue. I'll let you know when I decide. I'm going to straddle April and May to see if any better programs come out.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:07 PM

2019 C300 Cabriolet
Yes they are all the same-Cappuccino interior and yes, I agree, Bronze undertones is the perfect explanation. Unfortunately the closest indium is in Maryland and I'm in NJ so I can't see it in person but those photos are a pretty decent representation. Our local dealer has an indium CLS on the floor (not good on the CLS) but like it on the E.

I definitely want cappuccino interior b/c I like the black dash, mats, etc. and don't like the tan/brown dash that comes with stone. Definitely without a doubt getting two tone if I go with cappuccino. Black of course, again, is always a non issue. I'll let you know when I decide. I'm going to straddle April and May to see if any better programs come out.
Elena color is always the toughest call. but definately the monotone dash is better rather than the two tone. I saw the white combo and that is hot also . just tough to keep clean.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:36 PM

E63
Black/Black

Here's my choice
Attached Thumbnails WHAT IS BEST COLOR COMBO FOR CLK CABRIOLET?-july31-095.jpg   WHAT IS BEST COLOR COMBO FOR CLK CABRIOLET?-july31-204.jpg  
Old 04-14-2009, 02:44 PM

2019 C300 Cabriolet
AWESOME

Originally Posted by tpick23
Here's my choice

Elena that is awesome DO IT

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: WHAT IS BEST COLOR COMBO FOR CLK CABRIOLET?