CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Remove the driver side interior panel to fix the Window rattling noise

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2014, 07:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 CLK 63 Convertible
You could be my hero!

My passenger door window noise is driving me bananas. I'll check your solution today!
2004 CLK 500 Sport package convertible.
Old 10-30-2020, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 clk350
Dont have the SRS tag on mine

My 2007 CLK350 convertible doesn't have the SRS tag, and I need to replace the door control module... I tried to follow a youtube video but it doesn't work the same in mine..

Originally Posted by funkyllama
Cliff note 1: If your window is rattling, pull the rubber plugs on the bottom side of the door, see if are missing any bolts. If you are, that might very well be the reason why.

Cliff note 2: If you want to remove the door panel, then read on.

I have had my CLK for almost 2 months now. My driver side window is rattling when I drive over the bump. It is very annoying consider that CLK is quiet (well, compare to my Subaru) and that the rattling noise is exceptionally loud because of it. Also, I was not able to close the door smoothly, it takes quite an effort to close the door. After doing some search on the board, and really did not find much info except going to the dealership. Unfortunately, I do not have extended warranty so I was left with no choice but DIY.

Attachment 384100
Remove the SRS tag and remove the torx bolt

Attachment 384101
Remove the round tag and remove the second torx bolt

Attachment 384102
Remove the chrome plate, 3 small torx bolt.
Also remove the plastic piece right underneath it, 1 torx bolt (no pix, sorry)

Attachment 384103
Pop the twitter.

Attachment 384104
Ok, now ready to remove the interior panel. start from the bottom, pull gently, the clips will pop, work your way to the top.

Attachment 384105
Attachment 384106
Remove connectors that are connected to the door. Also unhook the door handle.

After I did all that, I finally realized that I have very limited access to the windows regulator to search for the rattling. So I was about to give up and either to live with the rattling, or go to the dealership and bend over. BUT, I got curious with all the rubber plugs on the bottom side of the door, and I decided to pull them out. Little do I know, behind those rubber plugs are the windows regulator adjust/secure bolts. I also found the cause of the rattling as well. I was missing 1 nut, which cause the window regulators to bounce freely.
Attachment 384107
I put another nut in there, and the noise is gone, and the door can now shut tightly and smoothly was well.