CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

"Add 1qt of engine oil" message :(

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-22-2009, 10:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Corrolla
"Add 1qt of engine oil" message :(

Does anyone has that kind of message on your CLK (W209)? This is happened to me twice within 3 months. I added 1 qt from the last message which is 3 months ago and now I got that message again for the last couple days ago so the question is should I just add another qt or is it because the sensor went bad ? damn I wish I have the dip stick so I can measure myself instead of that stupid sensor..fck its just annoying lolz. Anyway, do u guys think I could get the dip stick somewhere? stealer? and is it hard to replace those sensor??
There is no leak from my engine I already checked it.

Thanks,

Andy
Old 04-22-2009, 11:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 500
Originally Posted by M-bENZ
Does anyone has that kind of message on your CLK (W209)? This is happened to me twice within 3 months. I added 1 qt from the last message which is 3 months ago and now I got that message again for the last couple days ago so the question is should I just add another qt or is it because the sensor went bad ? damn I wish I have the dip stick so I can measure myself instead of that stupid sensor..fck its just annoying lolz. Anyway, do u guys think I could get the dip stick somewhere? stealer? and is it hard to replace those sensor??
There is no leak from my engine I already checked it.

Thanks,

Andy
Dude,

That happens to me like every 3 weeks, do you run your car hard? I run mine like im in a race every day so I think that's why it's always asking for the black blood...
Old 04-22-2009, 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Corrolla
Originally Posted by AcSmash
Dude,

That happens to me like every 3 weeks, do you run your car hard? I run mine like im in a race every day so I think that's why it's always asking for the black blood...
actually I do ....so do u know where we can get the dip stick ? did u add when it asked for it? or u just ignore it ?

Andy
Old 04-22-2009, 11:18 AM

CLK 500
actually I do ....so do u know where we can get the dip stick ? did u add when it asked for it? or u just ignore it ?

Andy

Yeah I give it what it wants and there is no dipstick in your car. You have to put the key into position 1 use the arrows on your steering wheel and navigate to check oil level on your dash, then turn the car on. The car then tells you the oil level on on your dash. But if it's giving you the warning add 1 qt of oil at next refuelling than it's just going to tell you the same thing.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Corrolla
Yeah I give it what it wants and there is no dipstick in your car. You have to put the key into position 1 use the arrows on your steering wheel and navigate to check oil level on your dash, then turn the car on. The car then tells you the oil level on on your dash. But if it's giving you the warning add 1 qt of oil at next refuelling than it's just going to tell you the same thing.
yea but do u think maybe its just the bad sensor ?? or is it really needs oil ? and i think that we could get a dipstick somewhere to put it in our car.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:28 AM

CLK 500
yea but do u think maybe its just the bad sensor ?? or is it really needs oil ? and i think that we could get a dipstick somewhere to put it in our car.

Hard to say if it's just a bad sensor. Do you get you car serviced under the flex service interval, which Service A or B every 13k miles or so, and how often do you get oil changes. I was told by a mechanic when I had my M3 which needed oil like crazy as well that running the car hard drains your oil level. So that's why I just think it needs oil.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Corrolla
I thought we changing oil for every 10K miles right?? I mean you could change it early for good but yea. so i guess I gota stop by the stealer see if they have a dipstick thats way I can measure if it really need the oil or just the bad sensor. You dont want to waste your money on that stupid Service B lolz. There is a thread about the service B and it tell u what have to be done for that service.

Andy
Old 04-22-2009, 11:56 AM

CLK 500
I thought we changing oil for every 10K miles right?? I mean you could change it early for good but yea. so i guess I gota stop by the stealer see if they have a dipstick thats way I can measure if it really need the oil or just the bad sensor. You dont want to waste your money on that stupid Service B lolz. There is a thread about the service B and it tell u what have to be done for that service.

Andy
I actually change my oil and filiter every 5k miles, and yeah I saw some things regarding the MB service and how it's a joike but I only get service A. It's only 225 bucks so I bring it in anyhow to make my self feel good and all warm and fuzzy inside, LOL. But dude there's no place to put the dipstick into your car, so unless you want to end up getting slapped on the back of your legs by the Scottish chap running around on the Castrol commercial. I advise you don't think with your dipstick Jimmy!!! LMAO
Old 04-22-2009, 12:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Corrolla
I actually change my oil and filiter every 5k miles, and yeah I saw some things regarding the MB service and how it's a joike but I only get service A. It's only 225 bucks so I bring it in anyhow to make my self feel good and all warm and fuzzy inside, LOL. But dude there's no place to put the dipstick into your car, so unless you want to end up getting slapped on the back of your legs by the Scottish chap running around on the Castrol commercial. I advise you don't think with your dipstick Jimmy!!! LMAO
U know how the stealership change your oil right...they dont drain the oil they use one of those Fluid Evacuator to change your oil and I think thats where you can use your dipstick..I have no fcking clue why MB not provided to our CLK incase the sensor goes bad.

This is what they used,

http://www.tooltopia.com/index.asp?P...OD&ProdID=8587
Old 04-22-2009, 04:14 PM

03 CLK320
if u run your car hard u should def change it every 5k... personally i would never go 10k without changing oil, thats just nuts
Old 04-22-2009, 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Corrolla
I know that but im jsut saying thats what MB say so yea I think I need to get the oil change now in the few weeks...

Andy
Old 04-23-2009, 04:01 PM

2004 CLK 240

Andy
Actually you can get a flexible stick from M-B parts desk. I have one myself. It is not the permanent dipstick that stays in the tube, but a long workshop tool M-B call a measuring stick. It is graduated from the bottom upwards. so is presumably used in the shop on several different engines.

Anyway, I was not happy to trust the sensors and bought my own for safety reasons.

Someone else here suggested using a length of flexible curtain wire - the type made of miniature coils. He calibrated it after putting the correct amount of oil in during an oilchange. Much cheaper than the M-B measuring stick, I'm sure.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Corrolla
Originally Posted by moondust
Actually you can get a flexible stick from M-B parts desk. I have one myself. It is not the permanent dipstick that stays in the tube, but a long workshop tool M-B call a measuring stick. It is graduated from the bottom upwards. so is presumably used in the shop on several different engines.

Anyway, I was not happy to trust the sensors and bought my own for safety reasons.

Someone else here suggested using a length of flexible curtain wire - the type made of miniature coils. He calibrated it after putting the correct amount of oil in during an oilchange. Much cheaper than the M-B measuring stick, I'm sure.

Hey thanks for that info. but how much u paid for the flexible stick?? and did u get it from the dealer? Same here I dont trust that sensor I rather have that stick to measure myself.

Andy
Old 04-23-2009, 05:06 PM

2004 CLK 240
It came from my city M-B dealership - in the UK.

Part No: MW120 589 07 21/00. Measuring Stick.

Price was in region of 50 GBP. Unfortunately I had already bought it when I heard about the curtain wire. That would have cost me about 20c
Old 04-23-2009, 05:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Corrolla
Originally Posted by moondust
It came from my city M-B dealership - in the UK.

Part No: MW120 589 07 21/00. Measuring Stick.

Price was in region of 50 GBP. Unfortunately I had already bought it when I heard about the curtain wire. That would have cost me about 20c
So which one u think I should get? and is it available here in US??

Andy
Old 04-23-2009, 07:07 PM

2004 CLK 240
So which one u think I should get? and is it available here in US??

Andy
Well, for 20c I would try the DIY wire first. See how you get on.

M-B part will be obtainable worldwide.

Last edited by moondust; 04-23-2009 at 07:15 PM. Reason: added text