CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Dealer swiped my '07 CLK550 Conv w/9K miles

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 03:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 E63. 07 STi limited #606/800
I don't understand why you are not suing? Do you have documentation that you were out of the country when the paper was signed? theres evidence right there.

forgery is a BIG BIG BIG deal man. I would have already had a court date for this crap.. your letting them go to easily. sue sue sue the hell out of this money hungry dealership that always pockets more money than needed. get your reperations!
Old 03-15-2010, 07:18 AM

W211 E55, 911 turbo, 911sc, RX330
Tell them you would settle for a CLK63 Black Series, then settle for a plain old CLK63.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 S430, 2004 Cobra, 2004 Tahoe
2/16/10
"Thank you for your letter.

We forwarded it to our colleagues at Mercedes-Benz Financial (MBF) and the
management of Mercedes-Benz of Beverly Hills to attempt to resolve the
concern.

Mercedes-Benz USA is never involved in sales/lease transactions or
financial agreements between customers and dealers. As such, we ask your
patience while the dealer and MBF review the circumstances."

2/19/10
"Thank you for your most recent Internet message.

We regret your disappointment; be assured that your concern has been
forwarded to Mercedes-Benz Financial and the dealership, Mercedes-Benz of
Beverly Hills for handling. We are simply unable to affect decisions in
this area.

The opportunity to respond is appreciated.

Regards,
Lois G.
Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC"

2/22/10

"We understand that an attorney for Mercedes-Benz of Beverly Hills reached
out to you.

As such, we are unable to comment further.

We trust that you will be able to arrive at an amicable resolution.

Sincerely,
Robyn
Executive Case Manager
Mercedes-Benz USA
1-800-367-6372 ext. 6209"
However unfortunate this situation is, your responses above clearly state why MBUSA and MBF cannot get involved any further. As stated previously, dealers are independent reps for MBUSA, so technically in this scenario they are not liable. What has happened to you seems like a very unique situation and you have every right to be angry. Forging your signature is a felonious crime and if you have all of your ammo together proving what happened, then I would surely go to the DA.

I am curious about one thing, other than the $595 turn in fee, how has this affected you personally (again, knowing the forgery has taken place)? Im not saying what the dealer did in any way shape or form is "right", but were you going to buy the car at the end of the lease? or possibly re-lease another car from said dealer? Either way, good luck with your situation and I hope it turns out in your favor.
Old 03-15-2010, 02:02 PM

2007 CLK 550
Pseudo Threadjack

I don't mean to threadjack, but I've got to ask what is it with you people who bought brand-new '07 550's and never drove them??? I recently bought one with only 6,500k miles!!
Old 03-15-2010, 02:49 PM

07 CLK 350 gone...... 10 E350
Can't believe BH MB dealer did this.... This is a crime and it should be stoped! I mean they could use your credit for anything if this is the way they do business....
Old 03-15-2010, 03:21 PM

a g
Originally Posted by trikoid
Don't forget the BBB (bbb.org) Better Business Bureau.

They love taking the customer side and taking companies to the cleaners.
The BBB is a protector of businesses (specifically its members), no need to go to or believe much of the ratings on the BBB. Non-members routinely get C's, D's, and F's. Fraudulent businesses, or businesses who've made people quite dissatisfied are protected and frequently garner A+ and A ratings.

Originally Posted by 2150john
I find this story hard to believe. A dealer forged a lease document? Sounds like there is more to the story than what has been written.
There always is more to the story.

Originally Posted by Blk04cobra1
No updates in 12 days makes me think something is a little fishy here. It just seems a little too odd that someone would go through the trouble of forging the signature just because the car was in pristine condition. Also, the $650 is going to have to be paid unless you buy the car, so why try to fight the dealer on this one? If this in fact true, I would most definitely pursue some legal action against the dealer and the person(s) involved.

Why not fight them if he didn't actually terminate the lease? What sense would it make to pay $650 for something the OP isn't responsible for? And didn't want?

Originally Posted by MB_Vclass

Thoughts? Suggestions? Comments?
Don't put up with it. Tell Mercedes that you'll sell ALL your Mercedes and Buy BMW's or Audi's to replace them if they do not help you.

PAUL65K,
I totally concur. With youo
The facts speak fothselves and honesty always prevails. Since I was on communication with MB Financial and they enter the puchase papers l obviously was considering buying the 2 yr car that o leaded that only had 9000 miles on it. Since I was a frequently customer they just assumed that iwould get rid of the car and lease/purchase a new one. Just doesn't work inheir favor that the signed women to grind the car was done when I was out of the country. Over zealous used manager and fraudulently signing my far to be groumded
O While.out of the country. And the car was still under contragct to me. Just a bad guess on their part. Everything.the dealership. Willsaywill be here say. Shame, terrnle way tose a long term client.
No one has said it, separate from the forgery problem they committed grand larceny, that a felony.

http://www.shouselaw.com/grandtheft-auto.html
Old 03-15-2010, 03:44 PM

a g
Found this too, hope it helps:

http://www.freelegaladvicehelp.com/c...s-Forgery.html

Forgery is the process of willful fabrication or alteration of a written document or signing another’s signature to a document with intent to defraud, deceive or injure another person or organization.

Checks, negotiable instruments, birth certificates, licenses, contracts, wills, and deeds are examples of documents that may be forged. In case of forging money or currency it is often referred as counterfeiting.

In the United States, forgeries are primarily classified in three degrees viz first degree (Class C felony) second degree (Class D felony) and third degree (Class A misdemeanor) depending on the type of documents forged. If bank documents, stocks and bonds by a corporate or other organization or currencies are forged then the forgery is of first degree and is a “Class C felony”. If a deed, public record, will, contract, assignment, credit card or commercial instruments is forged, then the forgery is of second degree and is a “Class D felony”. If an written instrument (any article or computer data or a computer program) containing written or printed is used for the purpose of reciting, embodying, conveying, or recording information which is used for the advantage or disadvantage of other person, it is a third degree forgery and is a “Class A misdemeanor”.

Forgery in any form is an offence by legislative act in most jurisdiction of United States. Punishment for forgery depends on the degrees of forgery and the financial value of the documents forged. Forgery in first degree (Class C felony) may be twenty years, in the second degree (Class D felony) ten years, in the third degree (Class A misdemeanor) five years or fine or both.
NOTE: Can be punishable by up to 10 years in prison, and/or up to a $10,000 fine.

Last edited by RedG; 03-15-2010 at 03:49 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 04:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Why not fight them if he didn't actually terminate the lease? What sense would it make to pay $650 for something the OP isn't responsible for? And didn't want?
If you read his original post, it says he was about a week away from having to turn the car in, but went out of the country. He would have been responsible for the disposition (turn-in) fee anyways. Unless that is, he leased/purchased a new car.
Old 03-15-2010, 04:15 PM

a g
Originally Posted by Blk04cobra1
If you read his original post, it says he was about a week away from having to turn the car in, but went out of the country. He would have been responsible for the disposition (turn-in) fee anyways. Unless that is, he leased/purchased a new car.
I didn't misread the original post. I read this one (from the OP) where he states he is being charged $650 for a 'lease termination fee'. Judging by what the OP is saying he DID NOT want to terminate the lease. So, no there is no reason to pay the $650 for something he did not agree to, nor give his signature for.

Post #7 (second post from the OP in this thread):

Well, the biggest issue is that they forged my signature in order to terminate the lease early. It was a week early, and they figured that the car I would just turn back - which I may or may not have. They did say that MB sells the franchisees the leased cars back cheaper then the discount the mfg offers the consumers. Then I also get hit with a $650 lease termination fee, which I will fight with the dealer. I do not really think MBUSA cares, their customer is the dealers who they sell cars by the dozens per month, not the consumer.

The main issue is that someone at the dealership forged my signature,
*Corrected errors for easier reading.
Old 03-15-2010, 04:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

While out of the country and a week before the lease was up I took the car to the dealer where I bought it for very slight front bumper paint work. The car just hit 9K miles, and had the paperwork sent to me from MBF as I was not sure if I would but the car or just turn it in. When I came back to get my car, the salesperson told me the car was "grounded" and the Used car sales manager" sent a check to MB and bought the car and they now owned it, even though I still had the lease and insurance on the car - supposedly, someone at the dealership forged my signature and took the car in so they can sell it. As the car was in showroom condition and very low miles I can see why the dealer wanted it in their inventory.

Any suggestions on what to do? Not really sure I even want the car, but what they did was obviously sleazy. I own 2 other GL's, an 07 and an 08.
I put it in bold for you. It appears the lease was coming up and he wasn't sure if he was going to buy it or not. Looks like he did not have a choice, but if he did turn it in, he would've been responsible for the $595 turn-in fee He got hit with the fee b/c they "grounded" the car as if he turned it in. Im not going against this guy, but it would have been the same scenario if he had turned the car in.

OP--did the dealership sell your car before you got back in the country? I might have missed this somewhere, but all I read was that they had someone interested in it.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:56 PM

08 ML350
MB USA is not liable...

Unfortunate as this situation is, each dealership is independently and privately owned. It sounds like you have a valid claim to take to your local DA for investigation. Just make sure you have all your documentation and get a lawyer to fire a letter into them regarding your point of view and desire to settle before escalating it to criminal/civil courts. Best of luck-
Old 03-28-2010, 12:35 PM

Update - the Customer Care department (Robyn) and I spoke 2 weeks ago and she agreed to put the complaint back in the CEO's office where I originally sent it via FEDEX. She also agreed to confirm with me via email that she did that. A email to me never arrived. There contention is that MBUSA has nothing to do with the matter, and that the situation is between me and the dealership. She claims the MBUSA only deals with warranty of their products and the dealerships. Any attorney's on the board have any input? suggestions? If need be, I will take it to LA District Attorney. Factually and in the dealerships own paper trail with MBF, they purchased the car prior to the lease being up and sold it on their lot. With only 9000 miles on a 2 year old CLK550 they made a decent profit one would assume. They did not sent if away to MBF for auction.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:54 PM

There is no sense in dilly dallying. Just press charges already. The LA DA's office is the only one that will tell you if they will follow through/have a case on theft charges. If not, there is always the licensing board, then civil court. Either you're gonna do it or you're not gonna do it, it is that simple.

It has been over 9 months since your original post, so IMHO you are not going to do anything about it and just want others to know your grief.

Last edited by WPOZZZ; 03-28-2010 at 05:56 PM.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:53 PM

WPOZZZ, I would agree with you, but if you know my international travel schedule you would understand the delay. I would have hope that the MFG/ MBF. and the dealership would recognize the ample time I gave them, but of course, there will be a time when the clock strikes 12.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:05 AM

WPOZZZ, I would agree with you, but if you know my international travel schedule you would understand the delay. I would have hope that the MFG/ MBF. and the dealership would recognize the ample time I gave them, but of course, there will be a time when the clock strikes 12.
I hope you are able to resolve this amicably, but am not very hopeful. Don't forget that the statute of limitations is ticking away.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Good luck with your decision. It looks like MBUSA and the dealership is leaving you no choice.

Last edited by Blk04cobra1; 03-29-2010 at 10:55 AM.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 E250 Bluetec 2002 CL55, 2000 430CLK Cab
Update - the Customer Care department (Robyn) and I spoke 2 weeks ago and she agreed to put the complaint back in the CEO's office where I originally sent it via FEDEX. She also agreed to confirm with me via email that she did that. A email to me never arrived. There contention is that MBUSA has nothing to do with the matter, and that the situation is between me and the dealership. She claims the MBUSA only deals with warranty of their products and the dealerships. Any attorney's on the board have any input? suggestions? If need be, I will take it to LA District Attorney. Factually and in the dealerships own paper trail with MBF, they purchased the car prior to the lease being up and sold it on their lot. With only 9000 miles on a 2 year old CLK550 they made a decent profit one would assume. They did not sent if away to MBF for auction.
Seems to me you might have even more leverage if you filed a formal complaint with the Bureau in CA that oversees dealers and is the primary oversight bureau in the state. A car dealer can NOT do business in the state if they do not have a valid license and I can tell you from experience (albeit over 20 years ago) that this bureau is not one you want to be sideways with if you are a car dealer. I think it is the California Automotive Bureau or something to that effect.....maybe someone could help me here???

I am thinking that while the DA may be willing to assist but they may also tell you that what you have is a civil issue and not a criminal issue......even though there is the "forgery" as these guys have more cases than they can handle already.

I think it is at least worth going down this path with the CAB. Their contact information is required to be posted at all dealerships and they are required to provide you with the contact info if you specifically request it directly from the dealer. Who knows but if you ask the GM of BH MBZ for this information it may help them understand your position and more importantly your resolve a bit better??

Who knows but it may be worth a try if you are resolute in pursuing this issue.....which I personally think you should.

The other path you may want to go with is contacting Joel Grover at Channel 4......he would likely love to get his teeth into something like this on the 6PM news....it has all the right ingredients; High Profile Brand, Greedy Car Dealer doing something wrong, Beverly Hills address, yada, yada, yada!!!

Good luck!

PB