CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Dealer swiped my '07 CLK550 Conv w/9K miles

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealer swiped my '07 CLK550 Conv w/9K miles

While out of the country and a week before the lease was up I took the car to the dealer where I bought it for very slight front bumper paint work. The car just hit 9K miles, and had the paperwork sent to me from MBF as I was not sure if I would but the car or just turn it in. When I came back to get my car, the salesperson told me the car was "grounded" and the Used car sales manager" sent a check to MB and bought the car and they now owned it, even though I still had the lease and insurance on the car - supposedly, someone at the dealership forged my signature and took the car in so they can sell it. As the car was in showroom condition and very low miles I can see why the dealer wanted it in their inventory.

Any suggestions on what to do? Not really sure I even want the car, but what they did was obviously sleazy. I own 2 other GL's, an 07 and an 08.
Old 06-14-2009, 04:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 C55, 09 E350
buy it off the showroom floor
Old 06-14-2009, 07:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 CLK500
well. you can get a lawyer if you really wanted to and get your car back.
or you can buy it as a used car and the hell with the lease.
or buy something else.
choice is yours.
Old 06-14-2009, 07:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yo Momma
wtf? how could they just take the car back? how does that work? never heard of that... thats illegal isnt it?
Old 06-14-2009, 07:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yo Momma
i wouldnt even want the car back but i would still sue them for doing **** like that and get some money back...
Old 06-14-2009, 08:53 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 Ran SRT-10,2007 S550,2016 E400c
First call mbusa a file a complaint.. dealers are independently owned and opperated. They are there to represent Mercedes as a brand. What they did is illegal and unethical. You are being to calm..i would of flipped the f out.. did you still have stuff in the car?? Get a copy of the signiture or a print out..

Wow let us know what happens
Old 06-14-2009, 10:20 PM

Well, the bigegst issue is that they forged my signature in order to terminate the lease early. It was a week early, and they figured that the car I would just turn back - which I may or may not have. They did say that MB sells the franchisees the leased cars back cheaper then the discount the mfg offers the consumers. Then I also get hot with a $650 lease rermination fee, which I wil fight with the dealer. I do not really think MBUSA cares, their customer is the dealers who they sell cars by the dozens per month, not the consumer.

The main issue is that someone at the dealership forged my signature,
Old 06-14-2009, 11:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 78 Likes on 62 Posts
2002 CLK430
I’m not an attorney, but this seems rather straightforward. You have a lease agreement - which is a contract. The agreement was between you and another party. It sounds like you’re saying the dealer forged your signature on a document to terminate the lease early. To sue for damages, you’ll need an attorney. However, to have someone criminally charged, you can take a copy of the lease termination document and go see the local district attorney. In California, forgery is a criminal offense. I’m sure it is where you live.

Per section 473 of the California penal code, it’s punishable by a year in either state prison or county jail. Section 470.a of the penal code is the specific State Law that was broken, which reads as follows:

470. (a) Every person who, with the intent to defraud, knowing that he or she has no authority to do so, signs the name of another person or of a fictitious person to any of the items listed in subdivision (d) is guilty of forgery.

Subdivision (d) reads as follows:

d) Every person who, with the intent to defraud, falsely makes, alters, forges, or counterfeits, utters, publishes, passes or attempts or offers to pass, as true and genuine, any of the following items, knowing the same to be false, altered, forged, or counterfeited, is guilty of forgery: any check, bond, bank bill, or note, cashier's check, traveler's check, money order, post note, draft, any controller's warrant for the payment of money at the treasury, county order or warrant, or request for the payment of money, receipt for money or goods, bill of exchange, promissory note, order, or any assignment of any bond, writing obligatory, or other contract for money or other property, contract, due bill for payment of money or property, receipt for money or property, passage ticket, lottery ticket or share purporting to be issued under the California State Lottery Act of 1984, trading stamp, power of attorney, certificate of ownership or other document evidencing ownership of a vehicle or undocumented vessel, or any certificate of any share, right, or interest in the stock of any corporation or association, or the delivery of goods or chattels of any kind, or for the delivery of any instrument of writing, or acquittance, release or discharge of any debt, account, suit, action, demand, or any other thing, real or personal, or any transfer or assurance of money, certificate of shares of stock, goods, chattels, or other property whatever, or any letter of attorney, or other power to receive money, or to receive or transfer certificates of shares of stock or annuities, or to let, lease, dispose of, alien, or convey any goods, chattels, lands, or tenements, or other estate, real or personal, or falsifies the acknowledgment of any notary public, or any notary public who issues an acknowledgment knowing it to be false; or any matter described in subdivision (b).

I hope that helps.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:46 PM

Belive me mbusa cares. I work at a dealer and let me tell you every complaint is taken very seriously, and with something like this they would not look the other way... people call and complain when we dont have the kind of coffee they like (im serious) and we here about it.... They really tried hitting you with the 650 return fee too.... You are too understanding.....
Old 06-15-2009, 06:18 PM

09CLK550Cab 61k miles
You need a copy of the forged signature.

Tell them whatever story you need to to get a copy. Something like saying this might work:

" *Sigh* Well, can I at least have a copy of the signed termination agreement? I need closure on this."

Of course, if they're smart, they won't. So that will come out in the suit. Either way, it's time for a lawyer.

Sue for something big, and then settle for a new Mercedes from them. But don't back down on the forged signature thing. Make sure someone goes to jail for that. The law and contracts make this country what it is.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:16 PM

Thank you all for the info - Who at MBUSA do I contact. MB Financial does not care. All they want it their money - lease termination money,
Old 06-15-2009, 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Oh man, keep us updated. I'm dying to hear how this turns out.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:50 PM

Call the cac department.. (customer assistance center) they deal with all the complaints and get you to the correct people. i think its 18882220100
Old 06-18-2009, 12:10 PM

08 ML350
That's insane! Pls keep this updated. Have you spoken directly with owner of dealership? I would most certainly call MB USA and inform them so that they can take the proper action and make amends to you as well. What dealership was it by the way?

Last edited by elenaschwartz; 06-18-2009 at 12:22 PM.
Old 06-20-2009, 09:25 AM

05CLK55
I'd suggest filing a complaint with the State's Attorney Generals office. They have a consumer complaint division.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:00 PM

09CLK550Cab 61k miles
Don't forget the BBB (bbb.org) Better Business Bureau.

They love taking the customer side and taking companies to the cleaners.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:06 AM

CLK 550
if you own 3 MB's you should tell him them you have 6 MB's
Old 06-27-2009, 04:34 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
E 450 4matic cab MY22
I find this story hard to believe. A dealer forged a lease document? Sounds like there is more to the story than what has been written.
Old 06-27-2009, 04:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 S430, 2004 Cobra, 2004 Tahoe
No updates in 12 days makes me think something is a little fishy here. It just seems a little too odd that someone would go through the trouble of forging the signature just because the car was in pristine condition. Also, the $650 is going to have to be paid unless you buy the car, so why try to fight the dealer on this one? If this in fact true, I would most definitely pursue some legal action against the dealer and the person(s) involved.
Old 03-14-2010, 07:28 PM

Shame on MB-USA - see my original post form Maru 2009

MB's are the best best vehicles but in the world, but when it comes to taking care of customers they are no better (or worse) them any Mfg.

Many of you suggested on contact MBUSA, which I did. I sent a fedex to the chairmen in Jersey. This was to avoid a lost in the mail room claim. They booted it to "MBUSA" customer care. This is the exact responses I got.

2/16/10
"Thank you for your letter.

We forwarded it to our colleagues at Mercedes-Benz Financial (MBF) and the
management of Mercedes-Benz of Beverly Hills to attempt to resolve the
concern.

Mercedes-Benz USA is never involved in sales/lease transactions or
financial agreements between customers and dealers. As such, we ask your
patience while the dealer and MBF review the circumstances."

2/19/10
"Thank you for your most recent Internet message.

We regret your disappointment; be assured that your concern has been
forwarded to Mercedes-Benz Financial and the dealership, Mercedes-Benz of
Beverly Hills for handling. We are simply unable to affect decisions in
this area.

The opportunity to respond is appreciated.

Regards,
Lois G.
Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC"

2/22/10

"We understand that an attorney for Mercedes-Benz of Beverly Hills reached
out to you.

As such, we are unable to comment further.

We trust that you will be able to arrive at an amicable resolution.

Sincerely,
Robyn
Executive Case Manager
Mercedes-Benz USA
1-800-367-6372 ext. 6209"

2/24/10

"Mercedes-Benz Financial concurs with Mercedes-Benz USA that this issue will
be resolved between the customer and the dealer.

Regards,
Robyn"

3/12/10

"I assure you that the matter was forwarded to the highest level.

However, the dealer is an independent business and MBUSA has limited
authority.

Regards,
Robyn"

Shame on the manufacturer on passing the buck to the dealer. especially I am a client that usually owning 3 MB at at time since 1990. About 15 new MBZ vehicles since '90. From SL's to GL's (2 currently) E classes.ML's . ML - AMG's.

They just do not care. If anyone knows anyone that knows a top executive at MBUSA pleade be so kind and let me know. Otherwise I will have to take this to the LA District Attorney. The facts speak for themselves. They forged documentation to take my car off lease with 9K miles so they can sell it for a large profit. The dealer and the manufacturer should be bending over backwards to take care of clients. I believe the best venue is the court of public opinion!

Thoughts? Suggestions? Comments?
Old 03-14-2010, 10:33 PM

W211 E55, 911 turbo, 911sc, RX330
Originally Posted by MB_Vclass
MB's are the best best vehicles but in the world, but when it comes to taking care of customers they are no better (or worse) them any Mfg.

Many of you suggested on contact MBUSA, which I did. I sent a fedex to the chairmen in Jersey. This was to avoid a lost in the mail room claim. They booted it to "MBUSA" customer care. This is the exact responses I got.

2/16/10
"Thank you for your letter.

We forwarded it to our colleagues at Mercedes-Benz Financial (MBF) and the
management of Mercedes-Benz of Beverly Hills to attempt to resolve the
concern.

Mercedes-Benz USA is never involved in sales/lease transactions or
financial agreements between customers and dealers. As such, we ask your
patience while the dealer and MBF review the circumstances."

2/19/10
"Thank you for your most recent Internet message.

We regret your disappointment; be assured that your concern has been
forwarded to Mercedes-Benz Financial and the dealership, Mercedes-Benz of
Beverly Hills for handling. We are simply unable to affect decisions in
this area.

The opportunity to respond is appreciated.

Regards,
Lois G.
Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC"

2/22/10

"We understand that an attorney for Mercedes-Benz of Beverly Hills reached
out to you.

As such, we are unable to comment further.

We trust that you will be able to arrive at an amicable resolution.

Sincerely,
Robyn
Executive Case Manager
Mercedes-Benz USA
1-800-367-6372 ext. 6209"

2/24/10

"Mercedes-Benz Financial concurs with Mercedes-Benz USA that this issue will
be resolved between the customer and the dealer.

Regards,
Robyn"

3/12/10

"I assure you that the matter was forwarded to the highest level.

However, the dealer is an independent business and MBUSA has limited
authority.

Regards,
Robyn"

Shame on the manufacturer on passing the buck to the dealer. especially I am a client that usually owning 3 MB at at time since 1990. About 15 new MBZ vehicles since '90. From SL's to GL's (2 currently) E classes.ML's . ML - AMG's.

They just do not care. If anyone knows anyone that knows a top executive at MBUSA pleade be so kind and let me know. Otherwise I will have to take this to the LA District Attorney. The facts speak for themselves. They forged documentation to take my car off lease with 9K miles so they can sell it for a large profit. The dealer and the manufacturer should be bending over backwards to take care of clients. I believe the best venue is the court of public opinion!

Thoughts? Suggestions? Comments?
Go straight to the DA.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:40 AM

Swiped the CLK 550 and MBUSA says "not their problem

Originally Posted by WPOZZZ
Go straight to the DA.
What a travesty. One would assume, that after seeking the paper trail and the dealership did illegal activities of grounding a lease that was still under my name, completely always paid on time and the dealership either fraudulently signed off on a my vehicle or forged documents, they would assist the MB customer.

Anyone else have a similar problem.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:21 AM

W211 E55, 911 turbo, 911sc, RX330
What a travesty. One would assume, that after seeking the paper trail and the dealership did illegal activities of grounding a lease that was still under my name, completely always paid on time and the dealership either fraudulently signed off on a my vehicle or forged documents, they would assist the MB customer.

If MBUSA won't help you, your only recourse is through civil and criminal court. Are you sure you had an end of lease buyout clause? Tell the DA you were planning to purchase the car at lease end, but the dealer forged your signature saying you wanted to terminate the lease.

To make things loud and public, may get some action from the dealer. Post your experience on Craigslist and call your local news for an actionline news story.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:22 AM

2016 E250 Bluetec 2002 CL55, 2000 430CLK Cab

I wonder if the folks at MB of Beverly Hills read this forum.....if so they might want to respond because as it look right now they aren;t being painted in a very favorable light.

There are 2 sides to every story.......and in some cases these things are cut and dry but without a chance to hear the issue from the other side it is always a bit difficult to make a clear judgement.......however like the torte system in the country the first one to the courthouse usually has an advantage and MB Beverly Hills needs to defend themselves in the court of public opinion or they lose more than the extra couple thousand they might make on this transaction.
Old 03-15-2010, 02:32 AM

PAUL65K,
I totally concur. With youo
The facts speak fothselves and honesty always prevails. Since I was on communication with MB Financial and they enter the puchase papers l obviously was considering buying the 2 yr car that o leaded that only had 9000 miles on it. Since I was a frequently customer they just assumed that iwould get rid of the car and lease/purchase a new one. Just doesn't work inheir favor that the signed women to grind the car was done when I was out of the country. Over zealous used manager and fraudulently signing my far to be groumded
O While.out of the country. And the car was still under contragct to me. Just a bad guess on their part. Everything.the dealership. Willsaywill be here say. Shame, terrnle way tose a long term client.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dealer swiped my '07 CLK550 Conv w/9K miles