CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Longer CLK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2002, 01:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Longer CLK

From www.mercedesclub.org.uk

An all-new longer CLK coupé is scheduled to enter UK showrooms in July. Prices may rise over the current model, which starts at £26K. The new model is expected to be some 25mm longer with a higher more capacious boot accentuating the coupé's wedgy profile. One of the crucial changes is a switch from the current model's outmoded recirculating ball steering to a rack and pinion system, promising greater precision and more feedback. Other chassis developments on luxury models include air suspension and the brake-by-wire system introduced on the new SL. Launch engines will be the familiar 3.2-litre V6 and 4.3-litre V8, and within 6 months, a flagship CLK55 AMG model will roar in. UK buyers may be able to get their hands on a diesel-powered CLK from 2004.

Old 01-27-2002, 03:31 PM

Matt, what happened to the CLK500?
Old 01-28-2002, 11:45 AM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Longer CLK

A diesel powered CLK?? Yikes!!

Originally posted by Maff
From www.mercedesclub.org.uk

An all-new longer CLK coupé is scheduled to enter UK showrooms in July. Prices may rise over the current model, which starts at £26K. The new model is expected to be some 25mm longer with a higher more capacious boot accentuating the coupé's wedgy profile. One of the crucial changes is a switch from the current model's outmoded recirculating ball steering to a rack and pinion system, promising greater precision and more feedback. Other chassis developments on luxury models include air suspension and the brake-by-wire system introduced on the new SL. Launch engines will be the familiar 3.2-litre V6 and 4.3-litre V8, and within 6 months, a flagship CLK55 AMG model will roar in. UK buyers may be able to get their hands on a diesel-powered CLK from 2004.

Old 01-28-2002, 07:42 PM

Not too sure what happened to the CLK500. I guess the info may not be too accurate. Although saying that it came from an MB sourced website.

I've heard there will also be an AMG diesel in Europe not too long from now.
Old 01-30-2002, 06:01 AM

Okay - I'll wait and see what they do with the CLK500. Of course if it follows the same C chassis/E drivetrain scheme (Can you check me on that?), then a CLK320 and CLK500 would be likely, with a CLK55 AMG V8 Kompressor following.

About the diesel. Sounds familar. The CLK 220 CDI I believe, sourced from AMG.
Old 02-01-2002, 11:04 AM

CLK55 and Yukon Denali
First of all, I would like to say that this site is nothing short of phenomenal. Over the last year I have found myself looking at it more and more, yet, never posted.
I have a very good relationship with the individual that I work with in Sarasota from Mercedes- he has sold me 6 vehicles in the past 2 years and provides me with the most accurate information concerning "hush-hush" updates... Ofcourse this could be interpreted as speculation, but upon his return from Germany, he an I sat down and spoke for an hour or so and he let me know what he saw and what was "rumored". (parenthesis on rumor yet he seems to feel this is VERY accurate) 1) He thought the spy shots were less inspiring (clk430 owner) than the current- yet when he saw the product he said that it was gorgeous. Yes, he could just be trying to get my deposit- but he has three already and knows I will not purchase unless I am extremly satisfied. 2) 320 and a 500, with the 55 to be release soon after the convertible. (2 years) 3) The wheelbase is slightly longer and yes, the vehicles itself is longer- but he also note that the interior was far more spacious and luxurious. It is as though Benz is seperating the vehicle from its C-class roots and upscaling it a bit- which I think is great. I am a huge fan of the curent model- I bought a 320 in 1998, a 430 in 1999- loved the slapstick so I got a 430 in 2000- and I just purchased a 2002 simply b/c it was the last year. I was not very excited until my salesperson told me it would be something I would LOVE. He said it remains very agressive certainly distinguishing characteristics- Don't worry about it looking like a c with the merged headlight either!
Old 02-02-2002, 11:10 PM

Thanks for the scoops Benzo!
Old 02-17-2002, 12:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
Maff wrote:
The new model is expected to be some 25mm longer
Maff: That's only (25mm) 1" in extended length. Insignificant!

Are you making any progress in obtaining the CLK55 AMG coupe production figures & exports to the USA?

If you posted those, I missed the post.