CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Avic Pictures on a CLK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 06:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 CLK 320 Coupe
Avic Pictures on a CLK

Does anyone have any pictures of w209 model clk's with either an AVIC-Z# or AVIC-Z110BT. I have the regular cd unit and i want to put either one of these on my 2005 clk 320. Any suggestions on which will fit better or suit the car best.

Thanks for all your help.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:43 PM

CLK 320
I have an 05 also and I installed a Kenwood unit in my car. It would look similar to the AVIC-Z. I don't know how you're defining what would "fit better or suit the car best" but it really depends on what you're looking for from your headunit.

If you want a one-stop shop solution for audio, video, bluetooth, navigation, etc... an aftermarket headunit will probably be your best, most cost effective route.

If you want to maintain an OEM look, you can get COMMAND and buy the kits for iPod integration and bluetooth.

My life is on my iPhone, so I went with the aftermarket HU. iPhone audio and video, USB ports, SD slot, Parrot bluetooth and Garmin Navi... I love it. You can't check out the pictures and see what you think. The pictures kinda suck, but you get the idea. It all really depends on what's important to you. Some other guys in here installed single-din headunits that have the flip screen. I think those look good too. If you do a search, something will definitely come up.

https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class...0-hu-hvac.html
Old 10-15-2009, 02:07 PM

2005 CLK 320 Coupe
awesome it looks beautiful. I have decided to get the AVIc Z110BT installed. Does anyone know any place that i can get it installed near Glendale?
Old 10-15-2009, 03:47 PM

CLK 320
Did you already buy the HU? Initially I was going to get an AVIC, but I opted out after reading through avic411.com. All the members in there complained so much about how slow the units are etc.. I've only played with the D-model and it didn't seem too bad. Haven't touched the Z-model. I'd go to a shop and play with them a little. People have complained that AVIC's are super slow. My HU takes about 30 sec to start up, but seems responsive after that. I'm not trying to talk you out of a Pioneer HU, I'd just say play with it and make sure you like it before shelling out some dough.

I don't know anywhere near Glendale, but I went down to Gold Star Audio in Irvine to get my system installed. I went there upon the recommendation of some other dudes in these forums and I have no regrets. The guys there are upfront with their pricing and overall seems like a fair cost. They also do a really good job cause they handle a lot of high end cars.

I'd give them a call to get a quote. To swap the HU, you're looking at least $80 for the HU swap and around $90 for wiring. Depending on all that you want to do, might cost you more. Good Luck!
Old 10-15-2009, 05:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sold - CLK500
im buying the z110bt for my clk500.. i should have it installed at the end of the month.. i will post pictures.. note that u will need the pac unit and swi i think for the steering wheel controls to work
Old 10-15-2009, 05:19 PM

2005 CLK 320 Coupe
mike are you going to do it by yourself? i want to install the same unit, can you tell me what i would need, and where i could get it? thank you i would very much appreciate it.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:59 PM

CLK 320
Originally Posted by mk4mike
im buying the z110bt for my clk500.. i should have it installed at the end of the month.. i will post pictures.. note that u will need the pac unit and swi i think for the steering wheel controls to work
The $100 for the PAC units are worth it especially if you're going with one of the 6.95" double din screens without a volume knob. Those buttons on the HU are small.